comments to "Privateer - das Erwachen"

A big Thank to Bakhtosh - I get the first review from him and it's more then I aspected to hear!!!

It's just to damn late to fix a few errors and mistakes (yepp, my testreaders and the persons who did a controlling and searching did not found everything...)... but, it's harmless and I still hope that most people simply don't even find then...

Deacan

PS: major script for novel II is done, I work on the last big battle... so a short preview will be posted soon!

*update*

The novel has now a ISBN! And it's postet on amazon.de (german)...
ISBN: 3-937213-59-7

Of corse, amazon did not take that book in ther program, and all you can do right now is simply "preorder" it.
In fact, all orders will go to us, and we send them to the readers. Only some new ways of paying has come through...

If you like, you can give a note for this novel.

Deacan

PS: the way wasn't easy, but we did it. Now its time to see what we can do to get EA with us...

PS II: novel II is on page 309.

Hello,

Deacon, when ich das Buch über amazon bestelle, bekommst du dann das Geld von denen und auch das gleiche Geld wie wenn ich es von Dir direkt bestelle?
Bequemer wäre Amazon, die buchen dann halt bei mir ab.
Wenn dir natürlich eine direkte Bestellung lieber ist, dann schick mir doch eine PM wohin ich das Geld überweisen soll und ich schick Dir dann meine Adresse.
Ok?

For all the English speaking guys. This is just a talk about how to Order the book. Via Amazon or from Deacon directly :)

BarFly said:
Hello,

Deacon, when ich das Buch über amazon bestelle, bekommst du dann das Geld von denen und auch das gleiche Geld wie wenn ich es von Dir direkt bestelle?
Bequemer wäre Amazon, die buchen dann halt bei mir ab.
Wenn dir natürlich eine direkte Bestellung lieber ist, dann schick mir doch eine PM wohin ich das Geld überweisen soll und ich schick Dir dann meine Adresse.
Ok?

For all the English speaking guys. This is just a talk about how to Order the book. Via Amazon or from Deacon directly :)

Dear barfly,

you can order the book from amazon - it's nearly the same way then order the book from us. Of corse, it's quite easier to order it from amazon...

The money is also the same. No differences.
So - feel free to do so!

Deacan

step by step...

Well folks, it's time. Yes, indeed it is. Our forum around the novel "das Erwachen" is online.

We don't want to separed us from this site - we only want to give you a wider and deep look inside this novel, the making of, hints, questions, ideas, the novel II and III, the cardgame, other sideprojects and on and on and on...

We will post any news about our projects also here, but since this thread (and of corse the Cardgame-Thread) grows up and become so huge, we work on a faster way to give all of you a close look of it.

www.das-erwachen.de

So - this is not a goodbye, it's more like a welcome and an information for the people who have the novel or who simply love the P II game. The forum itself is quite empty now, but we fill the major parts in the next days.

Deacan

PS: we run our forum on two languages, english AND german.

*update*

I prepare to make a contac to EA, first of all I will contact EA Germany - for the easier talks in my own language.

Last time all EA says was: 100.k bucks and all is fine... I think they don't take my offer seriosely - but now things have change quite a little bit.

Book II (silence) is on the way, the novel has reached page 339 (book I has an amount of 335 pages - on the format of A4), a basic script for novel III is ready.

The coverart is done, so the "product" is ready. Nothing to do for EA, they just need to read the novel and give it a chance.

Deacan

PS: novel II just needs the final battle. And for the people who owns the first book: the major plot in novel II - who is Kears...

;)

PS II: worst case scenario - EA says NO. Since we don't make any profit with that book (costs for printing: about 12 Euro per book, we host a forum, our "testreaders and the people who searchs for errors need to be paid, the costs for i-net advertising, amazon etc.) I don't think they will force us out of production.
At least, we make advertising a 10 year old game and keep the game a bit alive. Or not?

Since we don't make any profit with that book (costs for printing: about 12 Euro per book, we host a forum, our "testreaders and the people who searchs for errors need to be paid, the costs for i-net advertising, amazon etc.) I don't think they will force us out of production.
At least, we make advertising a 10 year old game and keep the game a bit alive. Or not?

Maybe not, but they can still force you to change all the names that come directly from the games.

IMPORTANT! IMPORTANT!

Dear readers!

As you know, at least 1/3 of book I (Das Erwachen - Sturm) is online. Since the work on book II continues, I play with an idea.

If someone are interessed: I play with the following thought - I will give at least 70 % (!) of the first novel away, as .pdf - file.

This file will be in format of the book itself, so you can see what the book is about.
Its still in german language only, my contact with the translator are (sadly) broken, but I understand his reasons to do so (family & job trouble).

This "service" will have a time limit.

Deacan

Please give your response here, inside this thread. What do you think - is this a good idea or a bad one?

What are the reasons to give it away or not do so? Is it a hassle to put the rest of it online? What is significant about the 70% figure compared to 50% or 100%?

What are the reasons to give it away or not do so? Is it a hassle to put the rest of it online? What is significant about the 70% figure compared to 50% or 100%?

No, there is no hassle at all. Novel number 1 only marks the first point of a long way still to come...

Book II is nearly complete and me and my publisher seeks (of corse) for new readers for these new book. Once again, we ran into a level of zero profit - for now. But any talks to EA will get easier if more and more people knows who the writer is and whats these books are all about.

We have several new ways open and we still hope to get contact to one of the more bigger publishers inside Germany (like Heyne).
My publisher dont force me to do so, but they think this novel has potential for more... so there mission is to make me a bit more "present" around the net.
They have no problem to share about 60 - 70 % of the novel with interested people - perhaps it will help to get better conditions for the second novel, since this book will get bigger (nearly 700 - 750 pages!) and this will result in a higher production cost...
If we where able to produce in "bigger" numbers, we can reduce the price per book to a normal level (just think about it: most scifi novel inside germany costs around 9 - 10 Euro, even our pure material cost per book are higher, then come taxes... etc.pp.).
So... we have some testreaders, who like the novel so far... but they are irresolute. This is why we want to give them a bit more of the story to read.

Deacan

Well, I don't know what kind of publishing arrangements you have, but I wouldn't want that kind of thing to limit how much of my fan fiction I could give away to fans. If you're not selling the book for profit, it shouldn't matter whether or not you can sell a few more copies by getting people to read 70% in. On the other hand, if you somehow manage to get it approved for sale and full production by EA, then you probably wouldn't be in a position to give away even that much.

*update*

Work on novel II (Stille - Silence) continues, a major rework is done.

Novel I gets a new "prolog", this is done because there are several people out there who love scifi, but have no idea whats all about the privateer universe...

I make plans for at least 4 (!) books inside the "erwachen" series, it we be 2 closed circles or better 2 stories with a time difference of 8 years in total.

I startet to work on novel III (trauma) last week, this will be the first book of circle 2, started 8 years after the end of book II...

We are still looking for people who likes the translate novel I and II from german into english.
Our lanslator, better known as criticalmass, disapeart and we loose contact. We can only hope that he is okay...

More soon.

Deacan

*update*

The release for novel II - Silence (or Stille in german) has change, we aspect to complete the work on the novel not before end of july.
The reason: I move into a new home and we need to do some "constructions" on our new sweet home.

Work on novel III - trauma is also on the way, plus a major script for the all ending novel IV is ready.

First impressions and a small sneak of novel III can be found on this side ...

Also, once again: we still searching a good translator, both for the novel as well for the cardgame and our upcoming homepage.

Some news from my side...

Novel II is still under construktion or better: we hunt down mistakes...

A new edition of book I will be done together with the release of novel II (Stille - Silence) and by the way: novel III, called "Trauma" grows page to page.

Perhaps you noticed that I continue to post some chapters from novel I inside this forum.
Yes, I decided to do so. We planed to covert the novel inside a "PDA - friendly" format, but it seems that we run into several problems...

So, enjoy the next chapters. Have fun with it and if you like it, please send me a short response.

Deacan

PS: we still looking for a translator. So, if you have time, a bit of talent and if you like to work with some completly crazy germans, give us a sign.

Hi there!

Yes, we are still alive - and keep up the work.

And btw - here are the "covers" for the rest of the "Erwachen" - series of books.

Book III is - of corse - green, book IV comes along in yellow.
The backside of book III (Trauma):

Vor 8 Jahren legte man die Waffen nieder, vor 8 Jahren wagte man den Neuanfang.
Nur war das System noch nicht bereit dafür...
Als eine alte Freundin aus dem Koma erwacht und spurlos verschwindet, sieht sich unser Privateer - Ser Deacan Reese - gezwungen, ins Geschehen zurückzukehren.
Auf der Suche nach ihr taucht der Privateer tiefer als jemals zuvor ins System ein.
Die Vergangenheit wird wieder lebendig. Jedoch wird dem Privateer bals bewusst, das er nicht allein auf der Suche ist.
Manchmal kann Wissen tödlich sein.

And book IV (Kälte):

Die Familie ist wieder vereint. Doch die Zeit zum Aufatmen ist noch nicht gekommen.
Während auf dem Planeten Karatikus eine Seuche schleichend die Bevölkerung dezimiert, wiegt sich der Rest der Menschen in Sicherheit - ein Trugschluss, an dem selbst eine Blockade des Planeten nicht ändern kann.
Mitten im einsetzenden Chaos muss sich unser Privateer - Ser Deacan Reese - erneut für eine Seite entscheiden.
Die finale Schlacht um die Zukunft hat erst begonnen.

The release dates (for book II) are still unclear, we are in talks with our printshop and our publisher.
Trauma is in progress, and "Kälte" (Novel IV and final chapter) stands as basic script...

Deacan

Attachments

• book_3_cover_v4_klein.jpg
    book_3_cover_v4_klein.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 195
  • book_4_cover_v4_klein.jpg
    book_4_cover_v4_klein.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 213
Back