checksum errors

U

Unregistered

I keep getting checksum errors when trying to run the install on my SUSE linux box. The install script would not run until I ran dos2unix on the linux install script. Can anyone help?

Not much of a surprise that the checksum would be wrong if you have changed the file by running it through dos2unix.

What sort of errors was it giving you before you did that? "Bad Interpreter"? Try running
sh ./priv_009d.sh
(on the original file of course, or the checksum will barf)

Still no go. Here's what I get when I try to run it:

banger@banger:~> sh ./priv_009d.sh
: command not founde 3:
: command not founde 7:
: command not founde 14:
./priv_009d.sh: line 18: syntax error near unexpected token `elif'
'/priv_009d.sh: line 18: `elif test -x /usr/ucb/echo; then
banger@banger:~>

Please try downloading with a download manager or an ftp client in binary mode. Some browsers tend to mess with the line endings in files like that. It's apparently been a problem with Loki installers. So don't download using firefox or whatever. Sorry to ask you to do that, it's a rather large download, I know.

I'd appreciate it if you could give it a shot, we need to know if that is what it was. We'll get it to work for you one way or another though, no worries.

MamiyaOtaru said:
Please try downloading with a download manager or an ftp client in binary mode. Some browsers tend to mess with the line endings in files like that. It's apparently been a problem with Loki installers. So don't download using firefox or whatever. Sorry to ask you to do that, it's a rather large download, I know.

I'd appreciate it if you could give it a shot, we need to know if that is what it was. We'll get it to work for you one way or another though, no worries.

I got the files fine with FireFox
The problem comes when you try to "save link as" and it trys to save the file as html or text. You need to click on the file, if the system sees the file as a readable file, you'll have to LET IT LOAD, and then save it. OUCH.

That or use netscrape 7.x if you can't use m$ie.

You could always use your ftp client in http mode.

It worked by using command-line ftp.
Thank you for your help.

Just use normal ftp client and connect to the ftp.wcnews.com
change to /files/fans
download priv_009d.sh in binary mode

Right, I know how you got it working. I want to know what you did that didn't work. What browser etc. Some people aren't having problems downloading it with a browser, so it would be nice to know which ones to tell people not to use.. thanks

Where's my copy of Winzip?

MamiyaOtaru said:
Right, I know how you got it working. I want to know what you did that didn't work. What browser etc. Some people aren't having problems downloading it with a browser, so it would be nice to know which ones to tell people not to use.. thanks

Question:

Wouldn't it be easier to just put it in a zip file?

:)

that's one xtra stage for the linux folks...

though maybe we could call it .bin so that servers don't go nuts thinking it's a sh script

Since it's not got execute permissions, I don't see how they could.

Large downloads do get corrupted from time to time. It's best to use a download manager.

Since he was able to get it to run by fixing up the end of line symbols with dos2unix, I think it was more than just a case of random corruption. Netscape has been said to mangle Loki installers (messing up the end of line symbols).

Random corruption does happen of course, and either way using a download manager should solve it, so I guess we leave it at that.

Back