Cap Ship Construction vs. Cap Ship Destruction

Twister said:
uhm..NO! it was probebly destroyer v.s. destroyer and cruiser vs. cruiser...anyway it was a long time ago, but i just remmebert it couse it's such a cool mission, and you see caps in action against each other

Speaking of which, was it just a budget limitation, or what kept Capship battles from happening in WCP? I mean, with the increased engine power in the graphics department, it would surely handle it. I guess the way the storyline went, Capship battles weren't an option, lord knows what would've happened if the Midway went head to head with a Nep. carrier or Cruiser. But in SO it could've happened, and did in CGI, but not in game play. makes me feel bad
redface.gif

------------------
HTML Assistant: WC Space Command
Administrator: UBW 5th Fleet
Member of the LMG and hating it (Disgruntled Man)
I might be right, I might be wrong, but then again, I just might not care either. Got a problem with that?--Me.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Destroyer won not with guns but with the capship missile. Fralthi 2s have around a 50/50 chance against against a Tallahassee.

Yeah... you could almost smell those odds.

I stand corrected when I said before that cap ships take years to build. True, they only take a bit over a year. I suppose I was referring to my calendar on 'new' cap ships (as in the time for design, etc).

please the terrans can and always will destroy the kats capships it a known fact!!!!!!!even in the movie a rapier outsmarts a capship and destroyes it in that wormhole

Aw, relax TC. I'm not one of those people who yell "Plebe! Ahh!" every time someone new shows up. This was just my way of reacting to what seems to me to be a post of... shall we say, highly questionable intelligence.

Aye, perhaps you're right.

...Hey, have we switched roles here
smile.gif
?

CR should have, at least, put in a huge fleet action in WC3. Like Ajax, Coventry, Victory, 2 cruisers, plus 2 or more missile frigates - all fighters in magnum launch vs the Big Cats and kittens alike - Will you go after the biggies or drive away the pesky Paktahns, Dralthis, Vaktoths, & Darkets?

"Boom! Another kitty litter... (Maniac)"
cool.gif

Twister said:
it's probebly off bye JUST a fuw shots, maybe is you fired a fuw shots and the cruiser it would be easyer to destroye for the Coventry.

I don't know much about the WC3 game engine, but I suspect it would have ground to a halt. Though it could probably manage on today's machines.

Yeah, most systems could barely handle the game back then in the form it is now. Adding a bunch of capship battles would have been unplayable. Remember those cards that came with some of EA's games saying: "WC3 is coming. Is your system ready?" or something like that.

------------------
The time is near.
There are still quite a few days remaining.

I don't care for fame, power or money...
I just want to FIGHT!
-Sanosuke Sagara

It even came with coupons for cd-rom drives (If you didn't have one yet) and for a ram upgrade
smile.gif

------------------
The time is near.
There are still quite a few days remaining.

I don't care for fame, power or money...
I just want to FIGHT!
-Sanosuke Sagara

Give me a Gig of memory and I'll be happy...
biggrin.gif

------------------
The WC Source Code Release Project needs you!

"This matter winds itself ever in new riddles.", Faramir - The Lord of The Rings

"...we follow the sun, we follow the sun, we follow the sun..."

i have an old WCIII previewe her infront of me...it's report card looks like this....

plus point - much to do
plus point - GREAT story
minor - high system requirements

(sys req. 486 DX!!!
smile.gif
50.8 MB ram, 20MB disk space and a DOUBLE SPEED CD-ROM!!! LOL!!

and one part is called "War and Hardware"

We sure as hell won't talk about Prophecy that way... It had insanely low system specs compared to most of the rest of the WC series. (And from what I hear about SL no one will bother talking about it)

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

Back