Cant get past 2nd misson, episode 1. Mission failed?

anarchyx34

Spaceman
I just discovered this game (this whole world of WC modding for that matter) and I'm blown away. Everyone here does some amazing work. I havent played WC in YEARS and this is just too cool for words. It's also damn hard too. Currently I'm playing the 2nd mission on episode 1 "Scrambling to jump" or something like that. I for some reason keep failing the mission. I get through the first part, and then I'm told to go scan a Kilrathi ship that's flying around in the distance. After the scan and finding nothing, I autopilot back to the cap-ship where I'm told that I failed the mission and I did a shitty job. WTF?!! If I look in the mission objective's screen (Alt-O) it shows complete next to both objectives but at the bottom of the screen it says incomplete. What am I missing here?

What happens then? Does the mission actually end, or do you get stuck?

It could be a bug (though that's unlikely, it's been quite a while since the first episode was released, and this is the first time I've heard of anything like this), but more likely it just means you lost too many ships. The Lionheart only has 12 fighters altogether (6 Stilettos, 6 Gladii) - lose too many of them, and you'll fail.

I just discovered this game (this whole world of WC modding for that matter) and I'm blown away. Everyone here does some amazing work. I havent played WC in YEARS and this is just too cool for words.
Wait until you see episode 2 ;)

As Quarto said, in Standoff we keep track of the ship you loose, so you have to make sure your wingmen get their fighters back home at the end of your missions.

You can also lower the difficulty setting too if you feel too rusty, no shame in that ;)

I guess I just suck then :). Last WC game I played was WC IV, the price of freedom (the 7cd sucker). That was on my 166mhz machine :). Just goes to show how long ago it was.

I've been having a hard enough time keeping myself from getting killed, let alone my wings. This is going to be hard.

Finally got it. Turns out I didnt do to well on the 1st mission, and that screwed me up for the 2nd. Starting from the beginning and it was a piece of cake.

If you tell me the last mission of episode one is a piece of cake, (default difficulty or harder) I'll tip my hat.

I guess I just suck then :). Last WC game I played was WC IV, the price of freedom (the 7cd sucker). That was on my 166mhz machine :). Just goes to show how long ago it was.

7 CD? I though WC4 had only 6 CDs (in PC) and 4 (in PSX).

Perhaps, the 7th one with the third ending?

If you tell me the last mission of episode one is a piece of cake, (default difficulty or harder) I'll tip my hat.

You haven't seen anything yet. E1 winning is reasonably easy. Now some missions of the loosing path - now that is staring to get interesting. Like that insane Gladius 6 point patrol.

Back