Bug ships....

A

AzrialX

Well you know the more I think of Organic technology, the more I shutter. To think flying in a living machine...does anyone find that just a little creepy?
I think if the tech is organic. I would think that it would be made with intergrating systems. This would allow for the Bug to become one with the ship and fly it with it's mind and motor control. It's a possibility, and would give a rough explaination as too why the bugs are so big and why the ships are the same size as the ConFed ships...but that's just my opinion and I could be wrong, who knows....

------------------
Call me a Pleb, you die!!! Got it fly boy?!?
Well do ya!?! Well punk!?! Because you know maybe, just maybe, when I'm flyin on your wing...my auto track could just mistake you for the Roach you are...got that...Ace!?! Sure you do...wouldn't want to get that nice squad jacket all mussed up now would we..?

Maybe for backup?
wink.gif

This reminds me of Macross Plus...

------------------
Evilution!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know, I looked in the manuels for Prophecy but I couldn't find anything on the interior of a Bug ship....unless it was brought up in SOps, which I haven't ever played...

------------------
Well do ya!?! Well punk!?! Because you know maybe, just maybe, when I'm flyin on your wing...my auto track could just mistake you for the Roach you are...got that...Ace!?! Sure you do...wouldn't want to get that nice squad jacket all mussed up now would we..?

I don't know, I looked in the manuels for Prophecy but I couldn't find anything on the interior of a Bug ship....unless it was brought up in SOps, which I haven't ever played...

------------------

I doubt that the bugs would find flying in a living ship creepy. It would be like riding a horse for humans. Also being able to interface with your ship doesn't explain your physical characteristics. Your brain size is not related to your amount of intelligence.

in my manual I found a report that described a control mechanism that activates when a large hand or claw sized object depresses very considerable force, possible more than even a Kilrathi can exert.

Penguin: The bugs would most certainly not be creeped out by it. But if they really do/did interface with their ships, it would be a hell of a lot more than just riding a horse - it would mean _being_ the horse. Or in this case, being the spaceship.

I doubt the bugs would build a craft they spend hours in if they don't like it. If they even have a concept of likes or dislikes.

Death's Head: If you're referring to the WCP manual, you've made a mistake. They said that on the retrieved slab there was an indentation possibly resembling a hand like appendage. Applying pressure had no effect.

Quarto: I said I doubt that the bugs would find it creepy because there is a lack of info on the bugs. It is however possible that they do find it creepy - it would explain they're lousy pilotting skill (no offense to computer AI
smile.gif
) but you're probably right. As for riding the horse that was just a comparison.

Penguin: I know what you said. I was just agreeing with you
smile.gif

Death's Head: It seems as though they do have such a concept. They definitely dislike us
smile.gif

Back