Bug pray

G

Gunner

The Nephilim ships are living things right?? Why doesn't Confed just hit the bugs with a Bug pray missile or something? I mean, if there ships are alive you would think Confed would be able to kill them easily..

------------------
I've seen smarter things..

~Gunner~

Anyone ever heard of shields and armor? How about a hard organic shell?

------------------
No one is watching until you screw up, then all hell will break loose.

When I'm in the cockpit, Knight never falls.

Even if you COULD pay the price, I'd just raise it. :)

The ships are big, strong, organic creatures with more conventinal technology built in. They have hard outer shells and shield emmiters

TC

------------------
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

Ok, more specific, but same point as mine. Point taken TC.

------------------

I'm afraid it just doesn't work like that, Gunner. Although insects are usually protected by a hard exo-skeleton, they still have to breathe, and so a bug spray will work. But the Nephilem ships do not have to breathe. Ergo, even if you hit them with some sort of bug spray or whatever, it wouldn't penetrate the outer shell, thus doing no damage whatsoever. Besides, Confed really has no idea what the Nephilem are. Everybody calls them bugs, but nobody knows what they are for sure. Actually, to me they look more like some sort of crustacean.

I agree Quarto. ANyway, how would they breath in the vaccuum? That means that to be living, they'd have to rely on an internal atmosphere, making them perfect if the damn shield emitters weren't out int he open where you could knock them off with a couple of tachyon bolts.

------------------

Who came up with the name Nephilim anyway? It was the Kilrathi right? In there Prophecy?

------------------

~Gunner~

Quarto, actually some do know what the bugs are. We know Confed has examined their ships. They have also, definately examined the bugs themselves, they just haven't told us much.

TC

------------------

Another well thought out post by gunner
redface.gif

------------------
"I'm putting you back in the cockpit Colonel, where you will be reunited with an old friend, the thrill of battle!"
-Tolwyn to Blair WC IV

Last edited by a moderator:
Who came up with the name Nephilim anyway? It was the Kilrathi right? In there Prophecy? Natherak?

------------------

~Gunner~

Don't make me come over there Maddog..

------------------

~Gunner~

Nephilum is the Terran name for them... why would the Kilrathi pick a name for them from an Earth language.

TC

------------------

I don't know. But that's what i thought from what zero said in WCP.

------------------

~Gunner~

Gunner, if your posts werent consistantly stupid and poorly thought out, then I wouldnt say anything. You continue to write garbage even after repeated notices that what you write is junk. Take a hint. Also read some other posts, im not the only one that feels this way. I'm quite surprised you havent been banned for some of the crap youve put up.

------------------
"I'm putting you back in the cockpit Colonel, where you will be reunited with an old friend, the thrill of battle!"
-Tolwyn to Blair WC IV

[This message has been edited by MadDog243 (edited January 04, 2000).]

MadDog243: Well, I think that when you keep flaming somebody for no real reason, that also counts as "consistently stupid and poorly thought out". And I'm also sure that I'm not the only one who feels that way.

Gunner: Well, there hadn't been any real communication between the Terrans and the Nephilem, so we have no idea what the bugs call themselves. The name Nephilem comes from the Bible. If I recall correctly from WCP, it means something like "Giants from the Sky", or something like that. I suppose that this name was chosen because it fits in quite nicely with the Kilrathi Prophecy.

I'm flaming? Why dont you take the time to read some of the posts in this topic. I simply point out the obvious and Gunner makes some snide comment like "Dont make me come over there" I realize you havent been back in a while Quarto, but if you were you would have seen on the old board that everything Gunner posted was a meaningless waste of space. I also believe that if i were flaming, everything I have listed above is Just Cause. If frosty were here and said that, would you jump all over him?

------------------
-Tolwyn to Blair WC IV

Gunner's post wasn't that stupid... She was explaining her reasoning...

TC

------------------

Yes, it was a bit better than the average Gunner post, but common. Bug spray?

------------------
-Tolwyn to Blair WC IV

Hey, people have had that idea before :) (seriously... they have)

TC

------------------

Although I suppose an organic weapon *is* very possible, it probably wouldn't be done -- war is played by certain rules, which eliminates the possibility for bio weapons.

------------------
Long live the Confederation,
Ben "Bandit" Lesnick
(loaf@wcnews.com - 302228)

The Wing Commander CIC
http://www.wcnews.com

"You go, LOAF! Get some!" -JPG

Back