Bug/feature request lists...

real_wc_fan

Spaceman
I was wondering if WCNEWS or the fans in general kept a list of bugs that they'd like to see fixed or a list of features we fans would like to see implemented. I'm sure there are people out there that would like to see cool new features, and what better way to share than here? I'm trying to maintain a list of bugs/feature requests on my web page (I haven't started yet!
wink.gif
and I'd like to find some feedback. I think I'm only interested in bugs and features from Prophecy/SO onward. Like:
* I wish there was a way to view the movies
* I wish Prophecy and SO ran under Win2k
etc.
Thanks everyone!

real_wc_fan

Last edited by a moderator:
Um, bugs? WC games actualy have very small amounts of bugs when compared to most other games. Myself I never had any serious problems with WC games.

* I wish there was a way to view the movies

Could be a nice feature, but not realy necesary.

* I wish Prophecy and SO ran under Win2k

Win2k is based on WinNT. An OS that isn't realy that good for gaming. Most games won't run on Win2k, the fact that Prophecy and SO won't run isn't anything surprising. Wait for Windows Millennium Edition, that one should be a real sucesor for Win98.

A small amount of bugs? I could make a Prophecy/SO joke here but I'm just not gonna bother.

------------------
The time is near.
There are still quite a few days remaining.

I don't care for fame, power or money...
I just want to FIGHT!
-Sanosuke Sagara

I think you're missing my points:

1) I'm looking for bugs that people have issues with.
2) I'm looking for features that people would like to see.

We have all seen the posts of bugs found and features requested -- I'm just looking for a web site or a link on this page that has all of them. Who knows, maybe we can make a difference!

I'm editing my posts to save load time, if you want to see what was here originally, tell me, I have what was here origninally saved on my local drive. Plus Earthworm practically has everything I've said in his posts, because he uses the quotes, so why bother with my 3k of info when he's already got it?

[This message has been edited by Fireball SC (edited March 10, 2000).]

Fireball SC said:
You have to excuse Earthworm, he has a bad habit of taking ideas and humor and blowing them all to hell.

LOL! He he, that was actualy amusing Fireball. Except that it's BS.
smile.gif

Don't you think that it's prety pointles to gather all bugs from all WC games? Don't you think that it's pointless to say what features we want? It's been discused to death what each of us wants in the next game, and all that stuff wouldn't fit on one page. There's just too many things that we'd want to have.

[This message has been edited by Earthworm (edited March 10, 2000).]

Fireball SC said:
Anyway, issues with SO, well, how about being able to switch the Cerberus out with a Ves class Carrier, like they are discussing a thread or two over.
And how exactly would OSI, or anyone else for that matter go about doing that? Giving you an option to replace ships isn't exactly a thing that game companies do. And I'm sure that OSI didn't care much about creating launch tubes on the Vesuvius class so us fans can replace ships using some cheats and editors.

And how about a way to skip the storyline things when Spyder goes on about how much he knows about the bugs deal. You can't just hit Esc like you can with the movies in WCP.
You can't hit Esc because those things are a part of the mission. I don't just mean they are cutscenes done using the game engine, I mean that it is in the game except that it's shown in a different view.

Personally, I like the idea of a site like that, gives those with the technical knowledge and know-how a way to find out what people want to see fixed, so they can have a try at it in their free time
smile.gif

Except there isn't actualy anything they can do. If OSI can't fix a bug I'm prety sure that someone here won't be able to do that. It's also practicly imposible to add launch tubes to the Ves class. Unless you know someone at OSI that has a knowledge of that stuff.

Fireball SC said:
Earthworm, if its something that he wants to do, let him do it, if people like you got their way, the CIC would have never got off the ground, because someone would have said "Why do something as stupid as that?
You don't know me Fireball, you can't know what I think is a good idea and what's not.

The CIC is a great idea. It brings news, has links/files/ and helluva lot of other stuff. It also has this BB, which lets the WC fans talk about different crap.

And I'd appreciate that you didn't say stuff like this: *You have to excuse Earthworm, he has a bad habit of taking ideas and humor and blowing them all to hell.*

Just because you're pissed at me or whatever for picking at your oversized pictures doesen't mean that I "blow them all to hell". I didn's say anything negative about his idea, just the fact that there either aren't any bugs, or that it's pointless to make a web page with all the bugs.

That might be, it was no doubt an easy task to compile and organize all the data and links in this database. I doubt the guys had such a negative attitude when they first started.

And it seems to me they might take offense from the implication that making a comprehensive WC site, beit general or game related patched is pointless.

If we did didn't want an editor like WCPedit or the fan made missions, those guys may never have shared them, or even made them.

So if someone wants to organize a new site that is beneficial to a number of fans, then don't give them shit.

I'm not giving my shit to anyone DH. I'm keeping it so when Bill Gates takes over the world I can sell it to him because he'll think it's brown gold.

Seriously though. Making such a site is pointless. Why list all the bugs from the WC games? How is that goint to benefit anyone? Like I said before, if OSI didn't fix any bugs, us fans won't fix them either.

Fireball SC said:
So certain are you? He didn't say all the games, read the posts before making your replies, he said he wanted WCP/SO specifically.
Does it make any difference if he wants the bugs from all games or from Prophecy and SO only?

Which is filled with bugs. (and not just hte kind you blow up either).
They are? Hm, that's strange, I never heard of anyone having much problems with bugs except for the message *your carrier has been lost* wich although a bug, only happens if you let the Midway get damaged in previous missions.

Fan's have fixed many bugs. How long have you been around the WC universe?

Fans fixed many bugs? Realy? What kind of bugs and in what games? I've been a WC fan for a little over two years, and have been on line for 1.5 years.

There are fans out there everyday that are working on add-ons, fan-made missions, (thanks to HCl and Thomas Bruckner for their expertise in WC code hacking), and other awesome ideas.
Except that making missions and add-ons isn't connected with bugs or in game features. And AFAIK, none of those add-ons were finished.

If you think modifing old games is pointless, you need to get a life.

WOW, another stupid personal attack. Did I said that modifying the games is pointless? No I didn't. Listing the bugs from games, and the features we want IS pointless. Please stop putting words into my mouth (or into my posts). If not, than perhaps *you* should get a life yourself.

A simple ship editor (using WCP as an example) brought new life to a game I was ready to sell.
You must be a big WC fan then. Since you were ready to sell it.
smile.gif
I like WCPedit, but it doesen't enhance the gameplay for me in any way.

A simple fan made patch, and GU interface, made all the difference in a game.
Flying different ships changed the whole game for you? Wow, that is strange.

Death's Head is right, and so is r_w_c_f, we need people out there that love WC to make mods and patches for it, because with 1-2-3 years til we see some NEW WC, we need something to do
smile.gif

Make as many patches as you want to, but the bugs from the games won't help you with that. Neither will sugestions of what we would like to see in those games, since everything that can be done has been prety much exploited already.

Well some of us have played WC since around 1990. There are so many bugs, who can count? But I welcome someone that is willing to try, every little bit helps the game run smoother.

What comes to mind with WCP, and SO, let's see. My Tracker works in WCP, no shit. SO wouldn't work with 3d until last month, even though it should have the whole time. It was through tinkering that I got it to work, no amount of troubleshooting help did anything to help me.

Death's Head said:
Well some of us have played WC since around 1990. There are so many bugs, who can count? But I welcome someone that is willing to try, every little bit helps the game run smoother.
Except that it won't help the games run smother. The people here won't be able to fix the bugs.

hat comes to mind with WCP, and SO, let's see. My Tracker works in WCP, no shit.
Is that a bug? Maybe you just think it works while in fact it doesen't. Maybe there's something wrong with your machine that makes it work. Somehow. The Trakcer doesen't work (at least for most people) not because of any bugs but because it wasn't finished.

SO wouldn't work with 3d until last month, even though it should have the whole time. It was through tinkering that I got it to work, no amount of troubleshooting help did anything to help me.

But is that a bug? Maybe your 3D card was messed up. Maybe your copy of SO was damaged. How exactly didn't it work?

Earthworm, you know that no matter how smart you sound, how inteligent you act, you always wind up making an ass out of yourself. If telling someone to get a life is a personal attack, what in the hell do you call telling them their ideas and opinions are stupid?
Don't you think that it's prety pointles to gather all bugs from all WC games? Don't you think that it's
pointless to say what features we want? It's been discused to death what each of us wants in the next
game, and all that stuff wouldn't fit on one page. There's just too many things that we'd want to have.
Rule #5, I believe, its the one about respecting other's opinions, etc. Maybe you should try working on that. The guy wants to start a website, not a fight, so just drop it, please, I don't feel like getting banned for telling you where to go and how to get there right now, so I'm going to ask/tell you nicely, please shut up and drop it. If you don't, you're not only going to piss off the moderators, but the posters as well. I already know Death will say something, to both of us, so I'm out as of right now. You can't respect other's opinions and ideas, and you can't be told otherwise. I don't know what your problem is, and, frankly, I don't want to know.

------------------
Member of the LMG, and hating it. (Disgruntled Man)

Proud member: Wing Commander Space Command; Union of Border Worlds 5th Fleet; Black Lance Command

[This message has been edited by Fireball SC (edited March 10, 2000).]

Oh great. Here we go again
mad.gif

Earthworm + Fireball SC:

If the two of you don't start playing nice, NOW, I might have to do something nasty to either or both of you.
Just so you both can be 100% sure about what you did wrong, let's review:

"You have to excuse Earthworm, he has a bad habit of taking ideas and humor and blowing them all to hell." - Bad, bad, bad. You threw the first punch, Fireball. Earthworm only said that he never had any problems with WCP. He did not blow anything to hell.

"LOL! He he, that was actualy amusing Fireball. Except that it's BS." - That being the case, you should have ignored it, Earthworm. An argument avoided is an argument won.

"Earthworm, if people like you got their way, the CIC would have never got off the ground, because someone would have said "Why do something as stupid as that?" - If people like him didn't get their way, Korea and/or the world might be a huge irradiated mess right now. That's something to think about. No matter what, not everybody will agree about any given idea; here at the CIC, you have relative freedom of speech. So don't harass Earthworm just because he expressed his opinion. "Don't you think it's pretty pointless" is most certainly not offensive to anyone.

"The CIC is a great idea. It brings news, has links/files/ and helluva lot of other stuff. It also has this BB, which lets the WC fans talk about different crap." - Why bother? He was using it as an example. He didn't say the CIC was bad, he pointed out what might have happened if people who did think the CIC was bad got their way (though I can't for the life of me figure out who would think the CIC was a bad idea).

"Just because you're pissed at me or whatever for picking at your oversized pictures doesen't mean that I "blow them all to hell"." - Past arguments are just that. Past, over, done with. Do not bring them up.

"You need to get a life." - This one I'm actually willing to tolerate. It's not that great an insult, and like it has been said, we don't expect people to be 100% nice to each other (that would be sickening).

"WOW, another stupid personal attack." - If you think that's the case, then it's best to ignore it, n'est ce pas?

"Earthworm, you know that no matter how smart you sound, how inteligent you act, you always wind up making an ass out of yourself." - I'm not even going to start on that one. Shame on you, Fireball.

"Rule #5, I believe, its the one about respecting other's opinions, etc. Maybe you should try working on that." - Not your job to point that out. Leave the rules to the people who administrate the board.

"Please shut up and drop it. If you don't, you're not only going to piss off the moderators[...]" - Nothing wrong with this one. In fact, it's 100% true. Only it's a bit too late.

"You can't respect other's opinions and ideas, and you can't be told otherwise." - Since you've already said you're out of the fight, you shouldn't throw any more punches.

I find it ironic, Fireball, that you actually started this fight, and contributed more than 50% of the insults to it.

There. That's all. Now, if you want to continue this debate in a mature fashion, go ahead.

Back