Broadsword in the Concordia's Hangar

Sorry, but neither of those work. Perhaps because it has some visual FX that my graphics card doesn't support?

For technical reference, I'm running Windows XP Home Edition (32-bit) on a system with an Intel Core 2 Duo E7500@2.93GHz. I have an Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT for graphics, and 4GB of RAM, but I am only able to use 3.2 GB of RAM due to having a 32-bit OS.

Weird! Well, try the new version. I've trimmed out a bunch of stuff from the PostProcess Queue, and overall made improvements and optimizations.
http://www.hedfiles.net/ConcordiaHangar/ConcordiaHangar.html
So, I've added walls, a more complete Crossbow (with landing gear, just needs internals and a paintjob!) and a more interesting camera. The camera no longer collides with the environment, so you can look inside everything. I also added a mouse-wheel-driven zoom control, so you can get up close or get waaay back.
Also changed are how the shaders on the ships handle specularity, they're much more interesting and shiny now. The walls don't have color or variations yet, so they're very boring ( and not quite Game-Accurate yet) so that's something else I'll be working on.

Screenshot_142.1349.png
Screenshot_114.0633.png
Screenshot_63.63727.png
Screenshot_15.84617.png
Screenshot_3.681494.png

Hopefully more to come, and I hope you enjoy!

Last edited:
Okay, I've added floor markings to the Hangar! It really helps make it feel like the Connie. The shader was fun to come up with, too! I've also adjusted the number of lights in the scene, and played with other minor things that should increase performance! Let me know if there are any troubles looking at the update.
Screenshot_103.0593.png
Screenshot_69.59216.png
Screenshot_71.54635.png
Screenshot_36.84652.png
Screenshot_23.80267.png
Capture.PNG

This is probably the last update for a while, I'm going into crunch mode at work, and can't put time towards this anymore. That won't last, though!
Enjoy!

Looks great, definitely feels so much more like the Concordia now!

This is probably the last update for a while, I'm going into crunch mode at work, and can't put time towards this anymore. That won't last, though!
Good luck... hope you're right the crunch won't last. I've known many a crunch that was supposed to last just a couple of weeks, but... ;)

Thanks, Quarto! It'll get even better once I start adding more walls and text in there.
I'm pretty sure I know the end date for the crunch - I don't expect this to last as long as things have in the past - mostly because I'm not working on anywhere near the same sort of project.

This still gives me a childlike awe bein able to walk around these ships that practically defined my teen years lol!

Back