BREAKING NEWS: Wing Commander LP Campaign Launches (May 1, 2023)

Bandit LOAF

Long Live the Confederation!
The Wing Commander Orchestral Recording Project LP project is now LIVE on Indiegogo! Supercade Press has put together the album in several beautiful editions of George Oldziey's album with a range of other cool swag that ranges from t-shirts to original artwork by Howard Day (plus stickers, a post card set and a tote bag)! The campaign page includes everything from a documentary video to samples of the music to a detailed look at all of the options. There are also two higher tiers offering test pressings and an invite to a listening party. But you'd better get those fast, as they're in extemely short supply! Pledge here and let's give the industry a little reminder that Wing Commander is still beloved.

The album is being offered in three different editions:

Standard Edition with 180g Classic Black Vinyl

This open edition includes a single-pocket jacket featuring crosshair cover art by Van Burnham with back cover pixel art by artist Howard Day, printed on premium 24pt stock. Heavyweight 180g classic black 12" vinyl LP will include full-color printed center labels and custom dead wax inscription in black paper inner sleeve.

Special Edition with 180g Marbled Bi-color Vinyl

This limited edition includes single-pocket jacket featuring crosshair cover art by Van Burnham with back cover pixel art by artist Howard Day, printed on premium 24pt stock. Heavyweight 180g bi-color marbled 12" vinyl LP (red and green) will include full-color printed center labels and custom dead wax inscription in black paper inner sleeve.

Limited to 1500 copies.

Deluxe Edition Gatefold with 180g Starfield Splatter Vinyl

This exclusive limited edition includes full-color gatefold jacket featuring crosshair cover art by Van Burnham with interior and back cover pixel art by artist Howard Day, printed on premium 24pt stock. Heavyweight 180g splatter 12" vinyl LP will include full-color printed center labels and custom dead wax inscription with black paper inner sleeve. The deluxe edition will also include a full-color insert of Howard Day's "Barracks" art print imagery with liner notes.

Limited to 1000 copies.

The goal is $15,000 which seems very doable. There are four stretch goals covering improvements to the LP presentation (Printed LP inner sleeve at $20K, Dead wax inscription at $30K and Supercade custom slipmat at $40K) and at $50k publishing a 10" of the bar music from Wing Commander III! We'll be covering the campaign with all sorts of related material as it goes and so you can expect to hear about the progress regularly in this space (and watch for a special live stream or two to help get out the vote!). Pledge your support now!

Artwork of the LP's printed acetate "obi" strip plus some of the material included in higher tier packages:

That's it, pilots, let's get out there and knock this thing down! You can access the Indiegogo camapaign here.

--
Original update published on May 1, 2023

I agree that “igg.me” is pretty cringe, but I managed to push down that bile and pull out my wallet for such a fun collectible

Back