Branching

Dundradal said:
Thanx for digging that up psych. Although I don't think such light capships would warrant the Concordia to fire the PTC into the strike wave...
They definitely wouldn't, at least in Standoff, where corvettes aren't even torpedoable capships. :)

Besides, we're going literally "by-the-book" on some of these missions (yeah :p), so I don't think the Concordia will get up and close with the Kilrathi in any of those initial engagements.

Basically, on the most book-following campaign path, you alternate between going out to strike at the Kilrathi (sometimes accompanied by light capships like Ventures or destroyers) and standing back to help defend the big capships (of course, not the whole bloody 3rd Fleet on a single nav point - it's gonna be more like one lone carrier / one carrier group at a time) from enemy strike forces (of the fighter+light capship type) until Confed can't retreat anymore.

At that point (pretty much like in FA, I hope) military logic will go down the crapper and we'll start seeing carriers getting close to carriers, cruisers rushing towards planets, and of course, dozens of marine squads, unarmed civilian ships, and the occasional semi-active carrier with half a flight wing all committing suicide here and there, when necessary. :p

Back