1. Weapon drain
2. Big as hell
3. takes forever to cloak
but also advantages.
1. killer fire power
2. cloak
3. turn radius for a ship that size
4. great shields and armor

Cloaks dont matter in WC P because well.. you know.

Vampires weakness are
1. missile reliance
2. bad in turning
3. weapon drain
4. weak shields
advantages
1. great missile loadout
2. good weapon selection
3. fast shields regeneration

one on one the dragon win because it can cloak so you lose the missile advantage.

Originally posted by Dragon
1. killer fire power
2. cloak
3. turn radius for a ship that size
4. great shields and armor
1. Smaller than the of the Vamp
2. Which isn't at all usefull
3. With the Vamp having shields powerfull enough to go against the Lance

Vampires weakness are
1. missile reliance
2. bad in turning
3. weapon drain
4. weak shields
1. Bullcrap, the missiles it has are a great addition, but it's guns are it's main weapon, and they're much better than what the Lance has
2. WTF? Not only is it much more agile than the Dragon, it's also the most agile Confed ship in Prophecy.
Vampire Pitch: 135, Yaw: 70, Roll: 180. And it gets even better in SO.

4. Uh, since when is a shield strength of 320 (front) and 260 (rear) considered weak?
advantages
one on one the dragon win because it can cloak so you lose the missile advantage.
What part of "Cloaks are useless" don't you understand?

The Vamp has no turning disadvantage. The thrust pods allow the Vamp to pull rapid maneouvres. For the yaw acis simply roll the vamp then pull up or down. The Vamp isn't also reliant on missiles - notice the tachyons & particles. Weapons drain isn't a problem for either fighter IMHO.
As for cloak. If ship sensors can detect cloaked vessels, then missile seeker heads can as well.

Does confed fighters detect cloak ships no, just the bugs.
Because if they do, they would not send the recon Excaliburs alone after loseing the first ones.
dragon have the same shield/armor rating that a Longbow
500/500 250/250 if I recall
Vampires are weak compared to these

Originally posted by Dragon
Does confed fighters detect cloak ships no, just the bugs.
Because if they do, they would not send the recon Excaliburs alone after loseing the first ones.
Why not? Just because they can detect them, doesn't mean that the potential enemy the would face could detect them. Long before WC4 Confed has ways of detecting cloaked ships, so just accept that the Lance could not use it's cloak.
dragon have the same shield/armor rating that a Longbow
500/500 250/250 if I recall
Vampires are weak compared to these
500/500 and 300/300 actually. So what, that makes the Vampires shields WEAKER, not weak. The Vamps armor is stronger by 20 cm BTW, at 320cm all around.

Dragon: IIRC the Excals were dispatched at the same time. Confed sensors MAY have had a harder time tracking cloaked ships then the Nephilim ones.
As for stats check out the CIC Green - er ships database.

well I dont think that we sould be posting this things here. This beloges in the "What happen to the WC IV..." topic, we are way off topic now.

The reason that Dragon are not around its becase 1 of them cost the same as a frigate. those things are still top-of-the-line.

Dragon: Threads rarely stay on topic. Its easier to just let them wander where they will. I also wasn't aware the Dragon cost THAT much.

ok I just read the rules and..ok.

Well I think so. those Anti-matter reaters sould be realy dificult to make.
A upgrade dragon its possible since the fighter itself is that powerfull in WC IV so midlive upgrades are in order like the ones that Excaliburs and T-Bolt had so they could still be up to the task.

The Excals and T-bolts were hardly upgraded. The shields were turned up by 50cm, and loadouts slightly changed (for the worse IMO), while the rest stayed the same (with minor agility tweaks perhaps, but not big enough to make a difference).

Ah, yet another mega-multi-post argument. :)

Hey, I like the 'thrust-pod' label. "Self-articulating engine nacelles" are a bit of a mouthful, aren't they?

As for the guns on a Vamp, I thought it only had four tachyons, not six. Still, four is plenty, I used to think it was only two tachyons and two particles, cos of the way they were aligned.

And would regular plasmas be able to penetrate bug capships? I'm sure the game only allows the heavy plasma to penetrate on Confed ships. The bugs, aside from their rapid-fire (but thankfully weaker) plasma, have low-damage guns of some sort on the Manta and Devil Ray which can also penetrate shields.

Back