Blair and Casey

Originally posted by Penguin
Tachyons and plasmas on the Dragon wouldn't penetrate a capships shields.
The Plasma would penetrate, but it would take quite a lot of shots to destroy a component on a heavy ship.

Lemphreys, I think, are interceptors. Their weapon is called shield killer or something. Its supposed to be good at hitting torps...
It's a well known fact that no one knows what they hell the Lampreys are for.:)

lamprey was a mytery ship, no one knows what those thing were, they just suck besides I never see one going after a torp.
I still think that a normal plasma gun can still pass shield but does not have the power that a Heavy one have.
Missiles arent suposse to be smaller in WC P after all how did someone can put them in a piranha.

The missiles didn't change, but fighters did. Some parts could be minaturized and allow more missile to be placed inside.

Although IIRC, Loaf said that the fighter lengths in WC3/WC4 were suposed to be in feet, making the ships around 3 times smaller.

So if a dragon have been modified to take those new parts it could get a higher missile load that in WC IV.

But then, it would be a totaly new fighter...

If you'd take out the matter/antimatter powerplant, and the bussard intakes though, you'd have some spare room for missiles.

No just replace the old ones with the new ones.
Pliers did something similar in WC IV and it just take a few Kliks of the speed.

yes he did , he modified my vidicator and put a extra torp in it. on the shipyard missions.and I just lost some 50 k.

I'm confused here - thought Earthworm was talking to me [Penguin starts mumbling incomprehensible things ;) ]. Ahem. Pliers wasn't your average mechanic. ;)

My post was in reference to your statement about removing the MAM plant for more missiles.
Actually, I was refering to Dragons post...:)

yes he did , he modified my vidicator and put a extra torp in it. on the shipyard missions.and I just lost some 50 k.
Oh yeah, my bad. Still, that's just one torp and 50 klicks can be quite a lot, especially considering how slow the Vindicator is to star with. Besides, it might have lost some other things that we don't have to be concerned in the game, like fuel (not the AB's though).

But without the MAM powerplant, the Dragon would lose an important advantage.
That's the point... you gain some, you loose some.

I think that was because of the extra weight.
Besides I am not asking about modifing a dragon in WC IV time but in WC P time.
I will take it that it does. so I can get a extra missile load.

Dragon: They're never going to squeeze enough missiles into the Dragon to rival the Vamp. Not without serious remodification and that would make it an entirely different ship.

So now you're resorting to statements you can't back up huh? If the Dragon really was as great as you're saying, don't you think it should be around in WCP? There's a reason why they have the thrust pods instead of MAM powerplants. And besides the Vamps got you outgunned.

And having run out of arguments we make comments like this...:)

The fact is, that the Vampire looks much better on paper, so unless you were a much better flyer, you wouldn't be favored to win.

So now you're resorting to statements you can't back up huh? If the Dragon really was as great as you're saying, don't you think it should be around in WCP
That's not a valid reason actually... Remember Penguin, that the Dragons/Lances symbolized mass murders, genocide, how would it look if Confed was using them? The people from Telamon, nor the famileis of those killed on the transports, wouldn't be too happy about that. And there are always people that would opose it, even without any reason to do so.:)

Besides, the Lances high cost would make it hard to even get the permission from the government to build more of them.

Back