Better luck next time

Haliwali

Spaceman
Project Redlime is Syndicate. O well...

Andy Robinson said:
EA is set to reveal a brand new entry in Bullfrog's cult classic Syndicate series, CVG has been told.

Cast your mind back to when Starbreeze struck that deal with EA to resurrect one of the publisher's "classic franchises" and Syndicate was hotly tipped. Starbreeze definitely sounds like a good fit for the gritty cyberpunk universe as well.

No more details were offered by our secret agent, but to see a current-gen remake of the PC and PSOne RTS - which still has a cherished place in many a veteran gamer's heart - would no doubt please many.

In case you're wondering what we're on about, the original Syndicate was released in 1993 and later followed up in 1996 by Syndicate Wars.

The game put players in charge of a militant global corporation, and tasked them with leading cyborg agents around a gritty cyberpunk world rescuing captured allies and assassinating rival syndicate executives. It was awesome.

We'll let you know if our deepthroats are on the money. In the meantime, which genre would you like to see a modern day Syndicate sliced into?

Andy Robinson computerandvideogames.com

Don't listen to McGruff. Thanks for the update.

Syndicate was a major portion of my PC gaming history. My friends and I were obsessed with it. I wasn't very good but I did watch my friends beat the Atlantic Accelerator level.

No one I ever knew could get very far into American Revolt.

I was going to post a new thread, but I think we can use this one for the obvious follow up question. In light of the Redlime reveal, what do we feel is the future of Wing Commander?

It seems that there is definite interest in creating new games for old franchises. This is promising. In addition, I have noticed a fair amount of new games in development or recently released taking place in space. Another positive.

I suppose one variable is whether or not Arena is considered a 'commercial' success by EA.

Bottom line - what do you all think we can expect in the next couple of years? Next five years? etc?

In light of the Redlime reveal, what do we feel is the future of Wing Commander?

Look at the traffic on this sight.

Look at the two games (WC:p for the GBA, Arena for the XBox 360) we've gotten in the last 5 years. (Not to mention the help and support we, the community, has given to these projects.)

Look at the HTL material. Or the fact that people still make WC mods as high quality as Stand-Off.

Sir, we are in a great place and there can be only good things that come from it for the future.

As I said in the last Redlime thread -- I believe that a Wing Commander title is in development but I don't know whether or not it's the Redlime project.

To be fair, though, EA hasn't announced anything. There is some evidence that Redlime is a Syndicate relaunch... but the above article doesn't actually say anything.

Well said LeHah! Fingers crossed, as they say.

I have a feeling that obtaining further information from LOAF regarding what else he knows on potentially current Wing Commander projects would be like trying to have a snowball fight in hell...;)

Syndicate is no Wing Commander, but it was pretty awesome nonetheless.

I beat the original campaign with relative ease, but American Revolt was hell.

LeHah;362320(...) No one I ever knew could get very far into American Revolt.[/QUOTE said:
I beat the original campaign with relative ease, but American Revolt was hell.

Same here. I think I managed to accomplish about 5 or 6 missions in American Revolt, not more (and that only with cheating).

sweet, syndicate rules :D

American revolt was indeed nails, it's atlantic accelerator was possibly even more surreally difficult that the main game's though.

At my brother's request, just letting you know that he completed it twice: once with the "Cooper Team" cheat, and a second time without. I didn't have his stubborn persistence myself, though...

At my brother's request, just letting you know that he completed it twice: once with the "Cooper Team" cheat, and a second time without. I didn't have his stubborn persistence myself, though...

Incredible, congratulations to your brother. Did he find out a special trick?

Personally I'm pretty sure the reason the world didn't end at the millenium was god was trying to finish american revolt

As I said in the last Redlime thread -- I believe that a Wing Commander title is in development but I don't know whether or not it's the Redlime project.

Based on some comments here this might be a pointless question - But what gives you that impression LOAF? Anything in particular?

Back