Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Righteous Fire (Privateer)

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

frostytheplebe

Seventh Part of the Seal
As I am anxiously awaiting my new copy of WC on Sega CD to actually play Crusade, I decided to give this a vote.

What is/was the best Wing Commander Add-on ever? Did you enjoy hunting the Sivar down? Or perhaps defending the Firekkan? Did you feel the sorrow for shooting down mutinous Confed pilots or the thrill of Morningstar?

Me: I have to tip my hat to WC2SO2. I love the thrill of flying off the Concordia in the most kickass fighter at that point... or so I thought at the time. Having Maniac was a lesser thrill, but one none-the-less

2nd Place: SWC SM1.5... Why? I LOVED Flying with Jazz, he was a badassed wingman who was so enthusiastic. "Lets go after those cats Maestro!" Got my blood pumping every time! :D

Note: Anyone here can say I should wait until I play Crusade and you're probably right... but I didn't.

Note2: You may notice I also added Academy to the list, this is a disputable add-on, but I just can't see this as a legit stand-alone game.

While both Special Ops were not too bad, going after and destroying the Sivar will always be a memorable experience. SO1 also has the distinction of throwing some real nasty missions at you like the Gwenhyvar.

You have two games that aren't addons on your list (Academy and Secret Ops) and are missing two that are (Righteous Fire, Proving Grounds).

Also, "SM1.5" isn't an addon.

SM1 is actually called "Operation Thor's Hammer"

I think it was just "The Secret Missions".

The more unusual made up subtitle is the one for Secret Ops; only two of the game's series' take place in the Vega Sector... and from when are we returning? Wing Commander III, IV and Prophecy all had series' set in Vega.

Also, the Ghorah Khar rebellion happened roughly a decade before Special Operations 1.

SM2 for me because you get to fly a Dralthi. Also you learn some cool things about the Kilrathi and see their priestesses.

But all of the add-ons are of extremely high quality I think. And Academy and SOPS are great as well.

SM1 or SM2 because they showed the beginnings of character building for Bluehair, and some of the other crew. I think Origin were working on WC2 and trying to tie up a few loose ends and start to build the plot for the sequel.

SM1 is favourable for me over SM2, simply because you don't have to fly the Dralthi Pancakes in SM1. Destroying that Kilrathi Depot with Paladin in battered Scimitars was a real buzz - also the whole intensity of being isolated deep in Kilrathi space added a superb edge of desperation.

Poll fixed, just because I could.
Tsk, tsk, that's really not very nice of you :p. Seriously, I think you should put Academy and Secret Ops back in. If this guy wants us to consider Academy and Secret Ops as add-ons for the purposes of this poll, there's nothing wrong with that, even if in reality they were standalone products.

Tsk, tsk, that's really not very nice of you :p.
You've been around long enough to know better than that, Quarto. :p

Seriously, I think you should put Academy and Secret Ops back in. If this guy wants us to consider Academy and Secret Ops as add-ons for the purposes of this poll, there's nothing wrong with that, even if in reality they were standalone products.
I'm not going to encourage a stupidly wrong personal interpretation contrary to the facts.

Getting back on the immediate question at hand. I always love Secret Missions 2: Crusade because it was fun, had an engrossing storyline (for an add-on) and really set up things for WC2 nicely.

Um, frosty, I'm pretty sure that the Sega-CD WC doesn't include the secret missions - so crusade will not be in it.

Just get a Wing Commander I Deluxe Edition, they're a lot easier to find than the individual addons.

Just get a Wing Commander I Deluxe Edition, they're a lot easier to find than the individual addons.

I did... I also have the WC1 add ons AND downloaded em for Kilrathi Saga. NONE work, not even with Dosbox... of course I'm using a F$#@ing Vista machine, but they never worked on my old XP build either. The thing that SEMI sucks is that it never came out on SNES, I have those games as well.... despite that they suck in comparison to the original.

I did... I also have the WC1 add ons AND downloaded em for Kilrathi Saga. NONE work, not even with Dosbox... of course I'm using a F$#@ing Vista machine, but they never worked on my old XP build either. The thing that SEMI sucks is that it never came out on SNES, I have those games as well.... despite that they suck in comparison to the original.

If you still have an XP build, throw SM1-2 into compatibility mode. I couldn't get them working until I did so, either.

EDIT: Oh hey, up to Major now! ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back