"Bed Time Story"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Earthworm: Just be careful how you say things
wink.gif

Kalkrath: What would happen? Most likely he'd be ignored by the rest of the gov't
wink.gif
. And if not, then he'd be burnt at the stake by the public. Particularly after the rest of the Middle East would declare war on the US
smile.gif
. You _do_ realise that the US cannot afford a war with countries that supply its fuel, don't you?

Last edited by a moderator:
Although Deadman is an idiot (God knows Deadman is an idiot
smile.gif
), I think it was Earthworm who incited this bit of cliche'd my-country-is-better-than-yoursism...

Uhm, but to add my voice to the petty squabling... where are you people from? The amazing stereotypical usenet flame reacration of the US that exists in another dimension? In the America I'm from we use the metric system to do *ANYTHING* scientific or important... and even for regular everyday things I can't remember the last time I used the 'inches' side of my ruler. As far as I know the few places that still use the English system are things like the non-scientific temperature and the surely-difficult-to-replace thousands of miles of roadsigns that tell us how long we have to sit to drive through Arkansas.

Furthermore, what does *ANY* of this matter or prove? Is the fact that Deadman learned to use a system of measuring heat that has a different boiling point of *ANY* indication of *ANYTHING*?

------------------
Long live the Confederation,
Ben "Bandit" Lesnick
( loaf@wcnews.com - 302228)

The Wing Commander CIC

"You go, LOAF! Get some!" -JPG

Your absolutly right LOAF. I am an idiot and damn proud of it.
smile.gif

-----------
You might be a redneck if...You've ever financed a tattoo.

LOAF, I’m from Poland, but I’ve lived in US for two years. Anyhow, though we’re using the metric system in school, in science, and mostly geometry the english system is still mostly used anywhere else. And don’t get me wrong, I have nothing against US, but it is in many ways different than a lot of countries I’ve sene.

------------------
A good soldier is not the one who die for his country, it's the one who makes his enemy die for his.
Gen. Patton

What you're not factoring in when critisizing the US for a different system is that said system is what has *always* been used... it's what Americans have been familiar with since birth. Much harder to change than something else...

I think, rather, the American educational system should be *applauded* for the fact that it has been able to teach *BOTH* the English and Metric systems to people.... something that the various European countries obviously don't do, given the number of "AMERICANS SUCK BECAUSE THEY ARE DIFFERENT" discussions we see on the UseNet...
smile.gif

------------------
Long live the Confederation,
Ben "Bandit" Lesnick
( loaf@wcnews.com - 302228)

The Wing Commander CIC

"You go, LOAF! Get some!" -JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back