Battlestations Midway

ck9791

Rear Admiral
Last night I tried playing Battlestations Midway online for the first time and I remembered how much my gunnery stinks. I have trouble figuring out where i need to aim to hit the enemy ship consistantly with my guns. If the ship is moving towards me or towards me and diagonally I try to lead it but sometimes my shots are either behind it or to one side. If the ship is moving across my course or parallel to, I also try to lead it, usually my shots are to its far side, as in i am shooting too far. Does anyone have any tips for aiming correctly?

It all depends on what you are shooting at. Destroyers are the fastest major capships and require the largest lead because typically they are moving at more than 30 knots.

Try aiming just below the level of the main deck when you are parallel to a ship, if shells are still going over aim down a bit more towards the water (although do not aim at the water if parallel as the shells will land in front of the target).

One thing I like to do is let one round fly to see how my aiming is. Watch where it lands and adjust accordingly before letting loose with the entire broadside. You will need to lead about a 1/4 to 1/3 of a ship length in front of a moving ship to land hits in the superstructure.

If you are on later today I'll be more than happy to go a game or two.

Sounds good, I'll try to be on this evening. I'm in the central (US) time zone so if I am on during the week its usually around 7 or 8pm.

Back