autosave problems

U

Unregistered

i don't want autosave. when i die, i want -new game- to be loaded by default. nothing else.

at the moment it is loading ... something else. sometimes the latest save. sometimes the same mission i just failed, with the mission restarted but my ship with partial damage from the previous ones... etc.

now i have a damaged ship that can barely move, and when i CTRL-D twice to self destruct, it respawns me in the same place in the same damaged ship...

there isn't a base in this system and i'm not sure my engines or jump drive are working properly... it might take hours to reach a base/trader with a computer, or it might be impossible.

where is that autosave file? how do i escape this loop?

-Ares

you should write to a differnet savegame each time you load...

you can edit which savegame you use directly by editing .privateer100/save.4.x.txt

also you can start a new game in the base computer...

it shouldn't automatically save you unless you entered a blank savegame file or put a ~ at the beginning of a savegame

solved the problem:

removed all the files into a backup directory except the new_game file and the recent save i wanted to load.

-Ares

bizzare--I wonder how you got into this situation in the first place? did you use the (broken) launcher?

Back