Associated privateer need help...

map error

that map (the one on the page linked to several posts back) is nice looking, but has a problem I have seen on other maps before as well. Dunno why it happens..

Anyway, Pollux System does NOT have jump points to War or Troy systems, like the map shows, but only to Sherwood.

I have a version of that map that is a bit larger, that I have corrected, if anyone's interested. I've also got a black and white one floating around somewhere (I think I had to edit it too) to which I added Eden and the systems out past Rygannon.

somwhere I've got a gimpy looking map of the enire WCU.. looks a little suspicious though
-----------------
fake sig

[Edited by MamiyaOtaru on 07-07-2001 at 19:11]

Those Jump Points are from Armada. They're cannon. If they say they jump somewhere, then they jump somewhere, dammit! :)

Hey, Frosty...

CANNON!

::Throws a cast iron cannon in your general direction::

:D

Got a crazy idea...

To all associated or anonymous privateers!

Would any of you be interested in joining in a survey problem of commodity prices around the Gemini sector.

All you have to do is check commodity prices for each of these commodity exchanges:
- Agricultural colonies
- Pleasure bases
- Mining bases
- Refineries
- New Detroit
- New Oxford
- New Constantinople
- Perry Naval Base
- Pirate bases (if you can manage it)

Carry as much cargo types you can, and write down the prices you get each time you log into that exchange. Check for... say... 25 - 50 times (by saving/re-loading).

In the end, with the sum of our data we can find the mean (or average) of each commodity prices.

Your assistance is appreciated.

Originally posted by LeHah
Those Jump Points are from Armada. They're cannon. If they say they jump somewhere, then they jump somewhere, dammit! :)
well, unless my memory fails me badly, they weren't there in Privateer, which is what we're talking about. Like it's twin, Castor, it has but one jump point out.
-----------------
I have been mistaken before, once or twice

Fraix: That information is already in the Privateer strategy guide in a very complex table. I'll try to scan and post it somewhere.

-The Gneech

Yup. My scanner's acting wonky, so I can't get the thing scanned right now, but it has a full annotated map of the Gemini sector (down to the random encounters generated by each navpoint), a list of all the ships available and the relative ability of each component, all of trade goods and what they could be bought/sold for at various bases (and where they could or couldn't be bought/sold at all), as well as a list of profitable runs based on your launch point and destination. It also covers the plot missions and gives some combat tactics and recommendations on the best ships to fly for which missions, and in what configuration. It's a very complete, nice guide, but alas it doesn't cover Righteous Fire.

-The Gneech

Originally posted by The_Gneech
It's a very complete, nice guide, but alas it doesn't cover Righteous Fire.
Does it only include Privateer?

Because I hear there's a huge WC book, with all the secrest to WC1, WC2, Academy, Armada, and Privateer...

It came up once on eBay, but I didn't bid on it... :(:(

Yup, it's just Privateer. "The Privateer Playtesters' Guide" by Loubet, Vaughan, and Nichols, published by Origin in 1993, ISBN 0-929373-16-2. I don't know about its availability ... it didn't come up on a search at Amazon.com. You'd probably have to special order it at best, and search on eBay at worst. But I'm keeping mine! ;)

-The Gneech

Well, I can't give away so much. I lost most of my possesions in a very bad deal with a real crook.

BTW, how are the cards, mpanty? :D

Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt
Well, I can't give away so much. I lost most of my possesions in a very bad deal with a real crook.
Yeah, such people are quite an annoyance... why were you so stupid to trust him? ;)

The crook tells me cards are great! I think he sent a thank you email... :)

For $5 and a cookie, I'll give you the email addys of some of the biggest movie score bootlegers on the 'net. :D

Back