Votes: 13 86.7%
  • Bad

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fatcat

Swabbie
Banned
Here is another conceptual design, the Artemis Asteroid Starbase. It's intended use is as a jump point guard in asteroid fields. The stats are:

Artemis-Class Asteroid Base

Light Fighter Compliment
15x Pop-up Laser Turrets
4x Pop-up Anti-Matter Turrets

Attachments

• artemis.jpg
    artemis.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 73
  • artemis2.jpg
    artemis2.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 47
Hmm, well it's definitely a start. What are you planning on using this for? I'd suggest smoothing out the rock mesh a little bit and looking for a good rock texture for it.

I'd suggest smoothing out the rock mesh a little bit and looking for a good rock texture for it.

I used the rock texture from Wc3 for it, and i'm still working on adding more surfaces.

If it has a light fighter capacity, and i assume its supposted to be somewhat hidden. why is there a huge gaping hole/hangar in the asteroid. A few smaller (alot smaller) hanger bays, and maybe a couple of buildings on the surface would look a lot better and be more interesting to look at.

just some ideas

You might want to note that the SO-era IR missiles are named Artemis. I know designations/names are sometimes re-used, but an original name might be better.

that is one really nice box.
I've seen boxes before but this is a mutch better box.
it could even be stated that yours is the mother of all boxes... the Alpha box, if you will.

All kidding aside, I do have some advice. take it or leave it :)

haha, I'm sorry but that's funny, Mark. Nice drawing. Yeah, I'd recommend adding more surfaces and subdividing it to make it look a bit like the picture Mark listed. Interesting design...

That model is pretty true to the game, if I remember. However, with current technology I imagine you could definitely do more. Wedge's suggestion of having a cluster of small hangars is very good, as it would luck much more hidden. Then add a texture and smooth out the surfaces some.

Hmm, will the hangar be concealed too? Maybe you could pust screenshots with the turrets popped up, so they wouldn't look so "boring"?

The Theta starbase from Wc3 had a really big hangar as well, I was going for a similar look. Right now, i'm working on subdividing the surfaces and adding more shape.

yeah, a more organic look would do good. Now it's just a box wirth stone on 5 sides. It can be more like the way that mining bases "cling" to the asteroid in Priv. Only with more rock and less visible base :)

Back