Arrival

Hmm. So what you're saying is that the Pigrims came and then made up legends about how they always lived here? That's actually quite a plausible theory, given the inconsistencies of the P2 timeline - the three systems start coexisting before developing adequate engines, apparently
smile.gif

I still don't see it though. P2 was developed long before the movie, so the Pilgrims wouldn't have been considered.

Hopper drives are basically the Pilgrim equivalent of the Jump drive. They can't open wormholes where there is none
smile.gif
. Thus, unless the Tri-System area is one huge anomaly (possible, but...
wink.gif
), with a wormhole at every nav point, the skip drives would have to work in a different manner.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quarto said:
Hmm. So what you're saying is that the Pigrims came and then made up legends about how they always lived here? That's actually quite a plausible theory, given the inconsistencies of the P2 timeline - the three systems start coexisting before developing adequate engines, apparently
smile.gif

The Tri-systems start coexisting before adequate engines are developed? WTF is that suposed to mean? I'm saying the Ivar Chu McDaniel (sp?) jumped in hopes of finding the center of the unvierse or something like that, but than he dissapered. He and the other ships happened to jump into the Tri-systems, which were unpopulated at the time, and settled there. They didn't give any history about Earth to the new generations because they didn't want the younger ones to know from whom the Pilgrims evolved for whatever reasons they had.
smile.gif

I still don't see it though. P2 was developed long before the movie, so the Pilgrims wouldn't have been considered.

But CR could have based the Pilgrims as something of ancestors for the people in Tri-systems.

Hopper drives are basically the Pilgrim equivalent of the Jump drive. They can't open wormholes where there is none
smile.gif
. Thus, unless the Tri-System area is one huge anomaly (possible, but...
wink.gif
), with a wormhole at every nav point, the skip drives would have to work in a different manner.

Quarto, I thought you didn't read any WC novles, so how would you know what a Hopper drive is?
smile.gif
Nope, Hopper drives ARE NOT Jump drives. The Hopper drive opens an *artificial* somewhat Quasar or Pulsar and they jump through it. The one used in Pilgrim Stars is much more advanced than those used before and have much better range, are much more stable and can be used as weapons.
tongue.gif
Read Pilgrim Stars or the Confederation Handbook for more info on Hopper drives.

------------------
A good soldier is not the one who die for his country, it's the one who makes his enemy die for his.
Gen. Patton

[This message has been edited by Earthworm (edited February 26, 2000).]

Yes, I know what you meant. And I said that it could be, given the inconsistencies that appear in recorded Tri-Sys history. Such inconsistencies would of course indicate that at least parts of this history was made up. So, I'm actually agreeing with you
smile.gif

Hmm, well the timeline explains a bit about the Hopper drive. As usual, I attempted to fill in the rest with logic, which dictates that even slightly artificial wormholes are beyond Confed's grasp. Only the Nephilem and the Steltek seem to have that sort of technology.

Read Pilgrim Stars or the Confederation Handbook for more info on Hopper drives.
You can be really nasty when you put your mind to it
smile.gif

Hmm, well the timeline explains a bit about the Hopper drive. As usual, I attempted to fill in the rest with logic, which dictates that even slightly artificial wormholes are beyond Confed's grasp. Only the Nephilem and the Steltek seem to have that sort of technology.

See, there's you problem. Pilgrims aren't Confed. They are humans, but they do think differently, and can have different tech. And untill PS, the Hopper drives were dangerous, so Confed didn't use them. In PS a new type is develped by Pilgrims and is placed on a stolen Concordia class super cruiser. That cruiser will probably be destroyed in Pilgrim Truth, so Confed won't get that technology.

You can be really nasty when you put your mind to it
smile.gif

He he, is it realy that hard to get those novels in Australia?

------------------
A good soldier is not the one who die for his country, it's the one who makes his enemy die for his.
Gen. Patton

[This message has been edited by Earthworm (edited February 27, 2000).]

Papua New Guinea, Macau, Singapore, Poland, Hong Kong, Australia, and any other place I looked for them
smile.gif
. Yes, I think the books are hard to get
smile.gif
It's probably a conspiracy. They must hide the books right before I enter the shop...

Quarto said:
Papua New Guinea, Macau, Singapore, Poland, Hong Kong, Australia, and any other place I looked for them
smile.gif
. Yes, I think the books are hard to get
smile.gif
It's probably a conspiracy. They must hide the books right before I enter the shop...

Can't you order them on the net? I think Amazon.com ships to Australia. Or would the shiping be to expensive?

------------------
Gen. Patton

You need a credit card to order things on the net, and I'm way to lazy to get one of those... besides, most banks don't give credit cards to people who have no income
smile.gif

Hm, to lazy to get a credit card?
smile.gif
Well then, because of your lazyness you're missing out on a *lot* of great WC stuff.
smile.gif

------------------
Gen. Patton

That may be so, but I don't really have the time to read them anyway
frown.gif
. I don't even remember when I last played a computer game.

Get a check-card... they're like credit cards, but with no credit. And you can use them to order Poliwhirls from hated e-businesses.

------------------
Long live the Confederation,
Ben "Bandit" Lesnick
( loaf@wcnews.com - 302228)

The Wing Commander CIC

"You go, LOAF! Get some!" -JPG

Bombardez les Ptitard!

That's right, there are those, too. One of these days, I most definitely need to look into that. It's probably worth it, just on the off-chance that somebody out there is selling WC Academy.

Back