Arena Power Cores/Batteries - What Gives?

capi3101

Admiral
Hey all. Sorry to start up a brand new thread about this...well, not really, I'm really just being too lazy to sift through the forums again.

Anyway...I need to ask an Arena question. I've been going back through the fighter stats in Star*Soldier and I've noticed that some of them refer to "batteries" and some to "cores" in their devices. The Arrow Guardian is an example of what I'm talking about - it has both a Shield Battery and a Shield Power Core. I'd like to know what the difference is between the two - that is, what in-game effect they have.

I've also seen Gun Power Cores and Gun Batteries, and Engine Power Cores and Engine Batteries; I'd also like to know what exactly those do.

Naturally, the impetus for the question is WCRPG; just making sure that I have something in the game that will emulate the effect of these devices (particularly seeing as how I'm just a few days away from putting the Arena craft into the game).

Batteries give you more overall power (slowing the rate of power drain) and cores increase the recharge rate.

Okay, thanks.

So......I can see how that would affect Shields and Guns; how would that work for Engines? How exactly are Engines handled in Arena anyway (I guess I should more properly ask 'how are Engines handled in Arena as compared to the other games'?

That still might not be a very clear question...

Engine power is also needed to pull the fancy aerobatic maneuvers (loops, rolls, Immelmann, etc), and it draws from the same pool as afterburners.

Back