Are there any official portraits of Jukaga?

Hello everyone!

Are there any official portraits of Jukaga, as well as Baron Vakka (and Harga, Dr. Abram)?

I am interested in the novels of Fleet Action and Action Stations, and I am trying to adapt a scene of the Empire Conference to a visual novel demo with the engine of Ren'Py. I may need to draw some portraits myself, so it would be nice if there were official illustrations for reference. It seems the Baen ebooks do not include illustrations.

If not, where could I find more text description? According to Fleet Action, Baron Jukaga is not very tall among the Kilrathis and his mane is golden red, his eyes are dark.

Thanks so much!

Last edited:
It's funny, there's no official artwork of Jukaga! He only appears in the novels so it's one of those cases where he seems incredibly important to Wing Commander for us super fans but also no one else knows he exists (up to and including the people making the games :))

I think you've found the only description he ever gets in the novels... he's not described when he's introduced in End Run or Action Stations. (Forstchen seems to only describe a Kilrathi if they're encountered by a human.) "He was not as talla as most Kilrathi and could even be called slight by their standards, though that was still powerful when compared to a human. His coat was a smooth golden red, and from what little Jason knew of Kilrathi blood lines, the coloring was a mark of the most noble breeding. His eyes were dark, almost coal black, but as he approached a flash of reflected light made them appear to glow for an instant with the color of fire."

You could make an argument that the character on the cover of Action Stations is Jukaga as he's the novel's viewpoint Kilrathi character... but we also know that certainly wasn't intentional as it was originally painted to be a cover for the Heart of the Tiger novelization. https://cdn.wcnews.com/background/images/actionstations.jpg

Thank you LOAF!

Got it.

Actually I definitely don't think the Kilrathi on the cover of Action Stations is Jukaga. Since it is from Heart of the Tiger novelization, I think that is Prince Thrakhath.

Thus it seems that I could design by myself, base on the text description.

Last edited:
BTW, are there any official information on non-combat everyday Kilrathi clothing?

I have noticed this one you linked before: http://ccg.jetlag.us/Kilrathi/pilot/k-p-skitz.jpg
It seems this kind of coat is close to the "smooth golden red" coat mentioned in the text. (Does this indicate that Khitz nar Ki'ra is also noble?)

And other than that.... in my impression, only Melek appears with non-combat common clothes. Or... do we call the Emperor's clothes non-combat common clothes?

Back