appeal to the flightrecorders

Stormbird

Spaceman
OK guys, I know this might sound stupid, but I am giving it a shot anyway.
Watched WC the movie just a few days ago and still felt sorry they didn't use the WC3/WC4 crew. Knowing feeling sorry doesn't get you anywhere I decided to make my own WC movies: starting by extracting the WC3 / WC4 / Prophecy movie files and the smaller in-between bits.
Still, that doesn't make a nice movie: most of the action is in the gaming sequences and not in the movie parts, and the storyline gets real sketchy without the missions flown and such.
So: the simple question: how to record some of the missions as I fly them in such a way that i can play them with the HCL tool and convert to AVI.
And, being a lazy bastard, of course I would love to know if any one of you has had the same idea and could share some results.

They couldnt use ofcourse the Wc3/Wc4 crew cause the plot is in about 2654.Imagine Mark Hammil tou play the newbie Blair ??

Anyway,sorry I dont know a way to record your flight.But think of it.It would be huge movies.Specially Wc4 ;)

well. after seeing Lord Of The Rings and what they can do with live character, I think it could just be possible and even look more then plausible... but, it's not the issue.

Sofar the only idea I have for recording missions is videotaping them by means of my tv-out and then digitize them via my capture card. There MUST be an easier and less toilsome way.
C'mon guys, think with me!

If everything works out just fine, I'll share. Will make it a small project or whatever for all you fans to make your own WC movies. okay?

Originally posted by TCSTigersClaw
They couldnt use ofcourse the Wc3/Wc4 crew cause the plot is in about 2654.Imagine Mark Hammil tou play the newbie Blair ??
Here's what you do to overcome that: Get all the raw footage you can of Hamill in the SW movies, then use (insert name of super-dupery film-editing software here) to superimpose WC clothing/uniforms on him, block out the background grafix (unless they would fit in well w/ the WC universe, natch), and use it as the basis for any FMV scenes with him that you would use in this movie. That effectively bypasses the "Hamill aging factor" in your project. :D

'course, then you'd hafta deal with the dubbing of dialogue, but that's another discussion...

Thanks Preacher,

Now that was a big breakthrough in helping me find a way to capture missions into AVI format.

Can we stick to the question for once on this forum? Pretty please???

Originally posted by Stormbird
Thanks Preacher...Can we stick to the question for once on this forum? Pretty please???
Oh, alright, if you insist...

::Eyes tear up; walks out petulantly::
;)

Back