Appeal to the flightrecorders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stormbird

Spaceman
OK guys, I know this might sound stupid, but I am giving it a shot anyway.
Watched WC the movie just a few days ago and still felt sorry they didn't use the WC3/WC4 crew. Knowing feeling sorry doesn't get you anywhere I decided to make my own WC movies: starting by extracting the WC3 / WC4 / Prophecy movie files and the smaller in-between bits.
Still, that doesn't make a nice movie: most of the action is in the gaming sequences and not in the movie parts, and the storyline gets real sketchy without the missions flown and such.
So: the simple question: how to record some of the missions as I fly them in such a way that i can play them with the HCL tool and convert to AVI.
And, being a lazy bastard, of course I would love to know if any one of you has had the same idea and could share some results.

Hey, that's actually kind of a cool Idea... sort of.

It got me thinking....

What if someone would take the movie footage from wc3 or 4 and then create the 3D rendered missions/combat for in between.... I'd definitely be up for a project like that.

It would be great,but as I said ......to the SAME thread opened in the tech support,the movie would be hours and hours !

It would be great,but as I said ......to the SAME thread opened in the tech support,the movie would be hours and hours !

Are you having a problem with this same thread issue?

Anyway, why would it be hours and hours? There wasn't THAT much footage in wc3...

Im talking basicly about Wc4.Anyway ,ofcourse there is a problem with the Thread......he shouldnt have opened 2 similar Threads in 2 different sections.Its against the rules ;)

Im talking basicly about Wc4.Anyway ,ofcourse there is a problem with the Thread......he shouldnt have opened 2 similar Threads in 2 different sections.Its against the rules

I know it is against the rules. Don't let those little posting ranks fool you, I have been here alot longer than you have. My point is that you aren't a mod, it's not your problem. Let the proper people deal with it.

I know ofcourse you are longer than me here Corsair....Im not pretending the Moderator or something.....you got me wrong!:(

I just mentioned that!I dont have myself a problem.Also,these ranks dont fool me.....they mean nothing to me;)

Originally posted by Corsair(pilot)
Don't let those little posting ranks fool you, I have been here alot longer than you have.

The length of time you've been registered is as irrelevant as your rank.

PLEASE guys, can we stick to the topic????

OK guys, so it's against the rules. Sorry for that. Just look at the answers given on the other thread and see my despair.
Sometimes people really do have a serious question, you know. And yes, sometimes they appreciate a serious answer too.

Now I won't start bitching and moaning here, but as far as I can see down here there's only one person even faintly interested in giving me a hand here.

DO convince me of being wrong! Oh, please DO.

Corsair, if you're really interested, contact me.

And TCS:
1) you gonna help or what?
2) a movie of hours and hours.... so?? we watch all 13 episodes of WCA and play WC for hours and hours... what's the problem?
3) for the lesser die-harts there could be the director's cut version... why use ALL the footage? using ALL the footage makes it a simple and quick project... some editing could easily be done.
4) you don't HAVE to like it... as long as I do and somebody gives me a hind into the right direction!

I thought about doing something like this awhile back, and it's an interesting idea.
The best way for capturing the combat sequences would be to have a script based on the mission elements. These might include number of waypoints, Ace characters appearing during the mission, and any plot elements inherent in the flight plan, like the jump point masking and Thrakath's challenge. Then rip any plot necessary comms and sound files from the game and sync them up in a video editing program.
I don't think there is anyway to actually record your flight, from the game, into a file that would read in HC1's movie player. But you could record the whole thing on a VCR, if you have a TV out on your video card, and then try and cut it from there. But then you would have to read it all back into a computer, unless you tape the cutscenes as well.
It's a huge project and you're going to need a lot of hard drive space and help, particularly if you render the flight scenes in a 3D program. I'd help you if I had the time I'm working on an SO mod as well as writing a book and trying to find work.
Good Luck, I hope you can carry it through to the end!:)

Don't open two threads about the same thing.

Ranks don't matter, except for mine and those of the Admins'

Longevity doesn't matter

No more whining or talking about any of the above or the thread's gone.

The length of time you've been registered is as irrelevant as your rank.

I am not suggesting it is any more relevant, I only mis-interpreted TCSTigersClaw's post as being indicative of an opinion that I did not know the rules, as in; being unfamiliar with how the Chat Zone, or errr.... "forums" ;) work. The intent behind my response was to point out that I was indeed familiar with the rules, due to experience, and did not need them pointed out. When the rules do need to be pointed out, it's probobaly best left to an admin or mod to do so. I wasn't trying to be nasty or cold, if it was percieved that way. And now all of this typing has made me bored... and I don't even care.

Back on topic;

I think if the in flight stuff was to be 3D rendered, it wouldn't be every mission every nav point, that would be a bit dull. Do a little editing with the existing footage, and try to make it flow naturally like an actual film would. You could use some of the voice overs from WCATV as the same actors were used, and that could give you some really cool inflight comms and the like...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back