Anyone ever noticed that ?

Coolhand

Spaceman
Hi.

I've noticed something about WC Prophecy and WC Secret Ops... Casey's voice in SO seems to be different than in Prophecy. When you talk to your wingmen/target, Casey seems to have a much deeper voice in SO than in Prophecy. I would even say that his voice strangely sounds like the TCS Cerberus commander's voice.

Anyone else ever noticed that ? Or am I daydreaming ?

Why didn't he do SO? Just simpler to ask the janitor to do the voice over? Or did "Casey" want nothing to do with the add-on? Was he asking for to much money? OMG...if he didn't want to do SO what about WC6??? Sweet they're bring back Blair! :D

Story is (and I know a search in this forum will give you a more detailed explanation) that Petracca (or maybe his agent) was asking for too much money for doing just a voiceover role.

Then why didn't they just copy/paste the same voice file for Casey in SO ? Because if you look carefully, Casey does't talk much. I think he has two lines (except for the taunts)...

"This is Casey, I'm ready to come home."

"This is Alpha one requesting landing clearance."

I think it would have been a nice way to go around the "money problem".

I'm pretty sure that even though SO was released for free, Origin would have had to pay Petracca to use his voice in Secret Ops, even though they were pre-recorded files.

It's actually my voice......I was the janitor at Origin....Well actually I was part of the kitchen staff, but kitchen janitor dishwasher what's the difference! Chris Roberts liked Toast with Apple butter, wasn't bad but he liked the toast burnt for some reason. Also Petrarca during scenes in Prophecy always wanted me to call some lady named Bertha for him to meet him in his trailer. Looked like a relative but wore scandily clad clothing :D

Then why didn't they just copy/paste the same voice file for Casey in SO ? Because if you look carefully, Casey does't talk much. I think he has two lines (except for the taunts)...

"This is Casey, I'm ready to come home."

"This is Alpha one requesting landing clearance."

I think it would have been a nice way to go around the "money problem".

That's because with many contracts, you get paid again if they use work you recorded from one project in a second. You would still have to agree to the contract on the second project, and if you didn't feel it was enough, you could refrain from giving permission.

Also, IIRC Petrarca [sic] sort of got off on the wrong foot with the folks running the game and when they parted paths it was sort of a mutual thing.

I see...

And I don't know why everyone on here seems to hate Petracca... I think he wasn't that bad. Okay, I played SO before I bought Prophecy, so it took me time to get used to Casey's new (well, I mean old) voice. Okay, he wasn't the greatest actor of the game, but it could have been worse. Just imagine if they would have picked one of those gayish actors of Coke-Crack... Ehrm... I mean Brokeback Mountain. :D

Oh, and I didn't check the credits, but listen carefully to the voices in SO... I'm almost sure that Casey and the TCS Cerberus' commander are the same actor.

He fit the role well enough. As did most of the cast. You could see Casey as a hotshot pilot out of the academy. Only thing that seemed to bother me about the acting or rather the story was that Rachel was hitting on Casey. That didn't feel right and kinda scared me. You see the look you get from Hawk?

He fit the role well enough. As did most of the cast. You could see Casey as a hotshot pilot out of the academy. Only thing that seemed to bother me about the acting or rather the story was that Rachel was hitting on Casey. That didn't feel right and kinda scared me. You see the look you get from Hawk?

She did the same thing in another movie I saw, some flick about a group of guys at a billiards shop. Except they made a point of it being weird and icky.

Back