Anyone ever heard...

Actually, I think I did. I had a lil school composition notebook and the first 8 or 10 pages or so were WC links. WCU, I think, was a fan project to make a WC encyclopedia and timeline. It was rarely updated but was still really large. It went up during the hay-day of WC3 and went down two or three weeks before WC4.

Patrick Bryant ran that site back in the days of WCII and WCIII, from a personal server in Blacksburg, Virginia. It was, at the time, quite possibly the most involved and concise WC site available. He updated it regularly until the last few months of its existence, at which time he was busy preparing to go to boot camp. After he left, I maintained the site remotely from Harrisonburg, Virginia, for a couple of months, but unfortunately a thunderstorm took out Patrick's server on which the site was housed. IIRC, that was sometime in late 1996/early 1997. Because he was no longer able to put the time into it, he decided to merely let it die.

Originally posted by OriginalPhoenix
Patrick Bryant ran that site back in the days of WCII and WCIII, from a personal server in Blacksburg, Virginia. It was, at the time, quite possibly the most involved and concise WC site available. He updated it regularly until the last few months of its existence, at which time he was busy preparing to go to boot camp. After he left, I maintained the site remotely from Harrisonburg, Virginia, for a couple of months, but unfortunately a thunderstorm took out Patrick's server on which the site was housed. IIRC, that was sometime in late 1996/early 1997. Because he was no longer able to put the time into it, he decided to merely let it die.

ok, how did it compare to the CIC?
remember, loaf is watching *evil laughter*

Well... I do remember it very fondly. One of the truly great WC sites... (other sites of the era were "The Jump Point", an Armada challenge ladder, the WC Aces original site... and then a bit later the SRA site and WCHS).

The information and look pales compared to sites like the TCE and such -- but for the era it existed in, compared to the other sites available, it was quite incredible.

Back