Anybody have accurate BTS info on WCM?

Shaggy

Vice Admiral
Specifically, the types of firearms used by the armorers to represent the weapons for the Confed Marines. The C-244, Hunter's pistol, appears to be a Beretta M92 with dress kit on it. I guess it could also be an M93R, but the Confed manual pictures suggest that they would have had to cut the barrel down to fit the kit. The grips are not the same as a standard M92, but those are easily changed, and they seem a little thick, and we never see it fired so it could just be a rubber prop gun whose mold master was cobbled together from spare parts.

The C-47 assault rifle is the tougher one. I sent some pictures away to a custom Airsoft manufacturer, to see if I could get one made for games, and he said it looked like they used an AK-47 for the base and an FAMAS magazine, but I don't think an AK-47 will accept an FAMAS magazine. Looking closer at the pictures, though, the magazine looks to be a complete dress kit. Also, from what little I can see of the grip, trigger guard, and trigger, it looks like they may have used an MP-5 for the basis and just piled on the dress kit pieces. I'm pretty sure there is a genuine firearm as it's basis, because the muzzle flashes in the movie don't really behave like the ones you get from an acetylene gun.

I want to get this information together because I want to put together a page for the movie on The Internet Movie Firearms Database, so if anyone knows what the film's armorers used and has some good quality pictures, I can throw the page together and give the movie just a little bit more exposure.

Indeed, they are built around AK-47s per the SFX magazine feature on the film. The didn't really have any other details about them though.

Specifically, the types of firearms used by the armorers to represent the weapons for the Confed Marines. The C-244, Hunter's pistol, appears to be a Beretta M92 with dress kit on it. I guess it could also be an M93R, but the Confed manual pictures suggest that they would have had to cut the barrel down to fit the kit. The grips are not the same as a standard M92, but those are easily changed, and they seem a little thick, and we never see it fired so it could just be a rubber prop gun whose mold master was cobbled together from spare parts.

It looks like a 92/96. Wouldn't make sense for it to be a 93 - there's no easy way to get one and no need for a nonfiring prop.

93s aren't that tough for a film armorer to get a hold of. Travolta had one in Broken Arrow, Mark Wahlberg packed two early in The Big Hit, and it served the basis for Robocop's Auto 9 - which appeared to be a blank gun in both the films and the TV serieses.
I'm pretty sure the pistols were 92s, just being thorough mind you, because the only other pistols I could find that were even close were the aforementioned 93 and another Beretta design that was sixty years old.

Yeah, through another forum I know the guy who was the armorer for Robocop and owns the modified 93 that was used in the film. They usually show up these days when a previous owner dies, and when they do they're like $30,000. Unless you absolutely have to have a three-round burst firing gun, a $500 92 would do exactly the same.

Geez, Chris, where are you buying your 92's? The cheapest I've been able to find near me was $800, and they were on clearance to make room for the 90TWO models.
At my local major chain gun store they carry mostly M-16s and AK-47s in full auto, and they range from about $11-15K. Machine pistols usually come in cheaper, I saw a couple of MP-5s for $8,000. The Auto9\93 was probably so expensive because of the film connection. If the 1986 ban was repealed I could get a full auto P90 for the same price as the civilian legal carbine.

Geez, Chris, where are you buying your 92's? The cheapest I've been able to find near me was $800, and they were on clearance to make room for the 90TWO models.

That's too high. The average new price at http://www.gunbroker.com is $550. Used ones are cheaper than that. The MSRP is only $650 https://www.berettausa.com/e2wShopp...8&parentLink=2100000084:3100001364:3100001368 There's none in the $800 range, unless they're special limited editions.

The 92 isn't being phased out by the 90TWO (the 96 is). It's being produced in both 92FS and M9 variants still.

I didn't mean that the 92's were being phased out, just Impact guns was clearing theirs out for the launch of the 90TWO.
The prices must have shifted though, because $800 was from a memory when I was looking to purchase a pistol for target shooting, I wound up going with a Neos, but this was a few years ago.

I got my Neos brand new for $215, which was a really good deal in that case.

I got my Neos brand new for $215, which was a really good deal in that case.

I bought my "used" for about the same price. When I opened it up it still had all the advertising literature from Beretta and the gunlock had not even been taken out of its box. I think the last owner had bought it, taken it out shooting once, ran into jams and thought he had gotten gipped. I ran into a lot of jams the first couple times I took it out. Then I read a review on the gun and the reviewer had run into the same problem so he stripped it down and cleaned it. So, despite my Dad and Uncle's advice that you never have to strip a pistol, I did the same. Mine was pretty much pristine inside, no grit or damage, I didn't even need to relubricate it. I just cleaned the barrel up and put it back together. I've probably put nearly 5,000 rounds through that thing, since that strip, and I have had maybe 50 stovepipe jams.

Drifting back onto topic - is there any info in the Mythic archive, or anywhere else, of what was used in the game FMVs? The only reference I've found was at the IMFDB, which listed a Calico as the rifle used by Blair at the Nephilim gate battle in WCP. I'm guessing probably most of the "guns" were just constructed props and not built on real firearms, but hey it's thorough to check it out.

Back