Anticipation Builds As Orchestral Album Approaches (December 11, 2014)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
Composer George Oldziey is back with another big update on his mission to record a live album of Wing Commander music. Mixing the tracks is coming along well, and the target is to get a preview of the Bratislava portion out to backers this month. Work on the additional digital reorchestrations and the physical album CD will continue into 2015 a bit. George has also put together another awesome preview video. A larger behind-the-scenes documentary will also be available next year!

Busy creating final mixes of orchestra music!

Greetings all! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. Just to keep you updated; I'm about half way through mixing the orchestral versions of the Wing Commander compositions that will be available for all of you (30 minutes plus). My plan is to have the digital downloads of these works ready this month before Christmas. They will be available in both the original, hi res 48 kHz 24 bit masters as well as 44.1 kHz 16 bit CD quality versions. The physical product as well the sample-based additional 15 minutes of music will be ready early in 2015.

I'm extremely pleased with the results of the sessions, and am having a WONDERFUL time listening to the results during the mixing process! It is my fervent wish that you will all share my enthusiasm once you get to hear them!

In the mean time, I've attached a short video that I recently, and quickly made of the process. This was done for a recent faculty show and tell type of event for the institution where I currently teach. It is not the official "making of" video, which BTW will also be available when the CD is ready, and will most likely be included on the CD. This is just a little taste of what's to come.

Yours truly,

George

--
Original update published on December 11, 2014

Last edited by a moderator:
The samples in the vid aren't even really mixed or anything and they sound amazing!

Back