ANOTHER Movie inconsistancy.

frostytheplebe

Seventh Part of the Seal
This one has NOTHING to do with the games at all. On the Concordia during the briefing, Admiral Tolwyn refers to Blair as a 1st Lt. But then Blair salutes Sansky as Lt. J.G. Blair. J.G. = Junior Grade.

Whats up with that??

A goof perhaps? However Tolwyn is also repeating what he was told... maybe the other officer read the computer screen wrong.

It's deep foreshadowing of Tolwyn's chronic blindspot involving Blair, the blindspot that will lead to his downfall. So biased is old Geof that he not only refers to Blair with the wrong rank, he uses a rank that doesn't even exist in the service branch Blair is in. So prideful is Tolwyn that shortly afterward, he starts forcing all pilots to use Air Force-style ranks, rather than admit he made a mistake. Blair switching back to a naval rank for Prophecy is the final vindication of himself over the Admiral.

It's all very deep.

It's deep foreshadowing of Tolwyn's chronic blindspot involving Blair, the blindspot that will lead to his downfall. So biased is old Geof that he not only refers to Blair with the wrong rank, he uses a rank that doesn't even exist in the service branch Blair is in. So prideful is Tolwyn that shortly afterward, he starts forcing all pilots to use Air Force-style ranks, rather than admit he made a mistake. Blair switching back to a naval rank for Prophecy is the final vindication of himself over the Admiral.

It's all very deep.

I'm still laughing. You just won life, the universe, and everything, in my opinion.

It's all very deep.

Catnip wins the thread!

Blair even returns fire by calling Tolwyn an admiral right after the latter is promoted to Space Marhsal. Cleary he was thinking of that time on the bridge of the Concordia.

In all fairness, I think Blair missed the actual promotion bit before he entered the Assembly, but on the other hand, he shouldn't have missed the great big medal around Tolwyn's neck.

But I understand the joke. :)

It's all very deep.
Brilliant! I laughed my ass off.

In all fairness, I think Blair missed the actual promotion bit before he entered the Assembly, but on the other hand, he shouldn't have missed the great big medal around Tolwyn's neck.

Well, the intro of WCIV shows the confed senate on TV. The interesting bit is that Blair alternates between using Admiral and Space Marshal. And, according to this interesting poll, the reason is "Deep psychological subtext".

Back