Anonymous Privateers

Anonymous Privateers...

hypothetical speaking. Would they be a group like a Privateering guild, or would it be some kind of paying corporation?

Anyone ever tried to ASCII read the DATA.TRE file?

Erm... 'anonymous' means 'unidentified'. It means someone who doesn't want to have their name known has hired you for the mission.

Some random NPC like 'A rogue retro terrorizing are around...' or 'rogue pirate'.

Some times it goes like 'Nav 3 on 'x' system need to be cleared of freelance mercenaries.'

You get the idea...

Originally posted by Knitewing
I don't like those missions. If they stiff you on payment who do you go after?
AFAIK, you only ever lose payment on storyline missions, despite the 'risk' involved in using the free mission computer.

Originally posted by Wedge009
AFAIK, you only ever lose payment on storyline missions, despite the 'risk' involved in using the free mission computer.

I've had missions where I was sure I had completed a mission but hadn't really, or maybe had partly completed the mission and then accidentaly got too close to a planet and landed. All that work and no money! Humph!!! :mad: But that was more a gameplay glitch, besides that they disapear from your schedule after three sortees. If your carefull you get paid for missions from the mission computer everytime.

I did that (accidentally landing) once early in my Privateer experience, I learned to avoid it after that. As for missions disappearing, I think only bounty hunts are kept for more than one flight. I would have liked to keep cargo missions, eg take cargo from Perry to New Detroit while on the way to Oxford.

I did get stuck with a patrol/scout/attack mission or something in Valhalla. It was in RF, but before I had completed the main story, so I couldn't find the 4th navpoint, which is hidden because it's the jump to Eden.

Back