Announcement regarding costumes

TheFraix

Vice Admiral
Due to some technical difficulties of portraying a nine-feet-tall Kilrathi, any Wingnut who wishes to side with the Kilrathi are urged to dress up as a Mandarin (costume ranging from Confed military to 27th civilian clothing) or as Mr. Kat. ;)

For further info regarding Mr. Kat costume, please contact your local Wingnut costume designer. :D

Will those in the know be posting instructions or at least pointers on how to make WC costumes? I'm clueless on this sort of thing, so it'd be nice to know how to put together a WCIV Confed uniform.

Regards,

Darcrider

I'm not really sure what Fraix is talking about...

... but we're working on instructions for people interested in putting together WCP-era flight suits (it's for Dragon*Con next year, although I'm sure anyone can do it...).

Dragon*Con is a big annual Sci Fi convention in Atlanta. WC fans have gotten together there two years in a row... and there'll be more at the 2003 D*C!

Yeah, and I'm already planning next year. There's no reason why international people can't go. Unless you're from Iraq.

Also, it is possible to get Mr. Kat stuff, as demonstrated by this picture taken by Chris.. you can all guess which shirt he was really taking a picture of though.

2002dc59a.jpg

I really need to put together that gallery.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey , the T-shirt with MrKat is great.

I wish Ill come next year to the DragonCon and meet all you guys

Didn't there used to be a website, or company or something that sold Kilrathi costumes? Am I thinking of something completely out of a dream? Someone please say they know what I'm talking about.

Movie flight suits routinely go for $400-600.. A full Kilrathi suit would be more. There was a company that made Kilrathi "halloween costumes" three years ago. It was a $35 mask and $35 "armor shoulder-piece." The mask is pretty good, but the shoulder piece is terrible. Everyone I know who got one had theirs melt and fall apart within a year. I still have the mask though.

Back