"And you know what they call a... a... an Akwende Projection in Paris?" (September 28, 2021)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
Barbarian_bros has posted a great set of sharp photos from the French edition of Prophecy. These aren't particularly rare items, but this is one of the best scan jobs I've seen. Most people are well acquainted with the universe map depicted here, but they may not have experienced it in another language before. You can see all the familiar system and quadrant names ('Reid', 'Lesnick' and others are still the same) but major title text is updated. All of the peripheral text is also in French. This is one of the coolest box goodies of the whole series, so it's wonderful that it was available in multiple languages!

While we're on the subject of maps, here's links to some of our favorites: prototype universe map, movie map, Japanese Super Famicon Claw Marks and Terran Confederational Handbook.

--
Original update published on September 28, 2021

Rare or not, I never had a copy of this, so the fact that there were translations published is pretty impressive to me.

I just noticed the quadrant names still seem to follow English grammar.

Back