Amazing Lego Longbow Bomber (March 5, 2023)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
John Nelson has made a number of impressive Lego Wing Commander fighters, and his new Longbow might be the best yet. His latest creation incorporates many of the iconic bomber's famous elements from bubble cockpit to side hatch. Both the rear turret and forward gun emplacements look great. The angle of the 'wings' also looks spot on and the colors are accurate to Wing Commander 3. It's a very impressive build!

I tweaked the wings a little from those first photos and got the right color bricks into place for the front by the cockpit but the Longbow is done! Technic pieces were needed for the angled wings and while there are some gaps in the middle fuselage just behind the outcroppings I am pleased with the result.

Pliers (would) say, “The Longbow is Confed's finest bomber and has the firepower to turn any convoy to scrap iron in its wake, if a bunch of light fighters don’t gang up on it first.”

--
Original update published on March 5, 2023

Thank you Oggy. I’m the creator and I finally after all these years made an account. No, I’m afraid I have no guide, instructions or anything really, but I can tell you the wings and most of the fuselage are just regular bricks of yellow black and gray #3001. You will need A LOT of sloped pieces #3037 and the part that holds the canopy in place is #2443 and canopy is #2418. I hope that helps out some. Try and find a used toy store that has a lego dump bin that charges by the pound or hit up eBay for specific parts like I’ve had to. Good luck and have fun!

Thank you Oggy. I’m the creator and I finally after all these years made an account. No, I’m afraid I have no guide, instructions or anything really, but I can tell you the wings and most of the fuselage are just regular bricks of yellow black and gray #3001. You will need A LOT of sloped pieces #3037 and the part that holds the canopy in place is #2443 and canopy is #2418. I hope that helps out some. Try and find a used toy store that has a lego dump bin that charges by the pound or hit up eBay for specific parts like I’ve had to. Good luck and have fun!
You did a wonderful job! Awesome MOC.

Back