Allegiance question...

Preacher

Swabbie
Banned
I have a question about MS's "Allegiance" (actually, two):

1) Everything I've seen/heard/read about this game sez it is a multiplayer (maybe even MMP?) online game. Still, I gotta know: Is it in any way possible to alter the game, or its setup, to be able to play it simply by yerself (that is, play aganst the games AI without having to be online)?... Please enlighten me.

2) Regardless of the answer to the above, the thought occurs to me that here is an online multiplayer space game. As such, it might make a good project to do a WC/WCP mod for. That way, we could have the online goodness we lack, combined with the WC storyline we love. Any such things in the works, or not?... Anyone care to comment?

A while back in another thread we talked about Allegiance and someone said that the physics were "too real" in comparisson with WC... I dunno, never played it.

Its not that the physics are to0 real...
(Incert argument about Acceleration Absorbers Here)

Its that space in Jumpgate, Allegiances, Ace of Angles is covered in KY Jelly ! Piloting a craft in thoughs games has more in commen win ice skateing than flying an F-16.

Preacher, why mod a game when there are already at least two in development who have intentions of adding multiplayer functionality.

(IE: Why use a mod when you have something purpose built)

Originally posted by akashra
Preacher, why mod a game when there are already at least two in development who have intentions of adding multiplayer functionality.

(IE: Why use a mod when you have something purpose built)

well, 'cuz here's a game engine already set for online play, all that's needed is to convert the ships/etc....

Back