Ace Ferrara Launches on Android (October 19, 2014)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
Philipp Seifried reports that his Wing Commander-inspired space sim Ace Ferrara and The Dino Menace is now available on Android. It was released for iOS devices earlier this summer. The price has been temporarily marked down from approximately $4 to about $2 on both platoforms to celebrate the release. In our initial posting, we noted some fun similarities between this game and both WC2 & Arena. It feels like a charming homage to classic space sims, and positive player reviews starting to roll in seem to agree!

--
Original update published on October 19, 2014

Last edited by a moderator:
Went ahead and bought it, waiting on the download now. Thank you to the dev for remembering to support Android. It's not as much of a problem as it used to be, but every now and then I still come across a game I'd happily toss a few bucks at, but can't because it's iOS only.

Edit: Well, that was anti-climactic. It plays the cutscenes just fine, but crashes with an "unfortunately. Ace Ferarra has stopped" message as soon as the loading screen after the first cutscene comes up. The phone is a ZTE Awe, which is hardly high end, but it's got a dual core processor that can normally run everything I throw at it. Not sure if I should get a refund while I can, or wait and see if the dev updates it. Worst case my next phone will probably run it, and it is only $2.

Last edited:
Back