Academy Preservation Project Is Go! (October 26, 2016)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator

After barely ten days of campaigning, the community has strongly backed the initiative to save the lost production materials of Wing Commander Academy! The $9800 raised will go to acquire 30 boxes of art and other resources created during production that were recently uncovered after years in storage. As a wonderful bonus at the end, the dealer that owns the material has found a 31st box that they will include in the lot for free! Check out an excited thank you video from LOAF and Ali here. Upon crossing the finish line, the campaign was locked so that no funds will go to anything but this specific project. If you missed out, but still want to contribute to a worthy cause, the second Wing Commander album still needs help! Looking forward to the future, plans are now being firmed up to go and transport the shipment to LOAF's place so it can be fully digitized, organized and posted online. If you'd like a taste now, check out the nifty 240-page storyboard of the episode 'Recreation' (258 megabyte PDF, so download rather than click!) and get ready for much, much more!

Of course the big news is???. WE DID IT! The campaign has passed $9,000, which means that we will preserve all thirty boxes! The remaining $800 covers GoFundMe???s fees and the credit card processing [now achieved!]. Once we hit that, I will lock the whole thing to stop folks from sending money that wouldn???t go to the animation sale. No surprise stretch goals here! :)

As I write this, at 4 AM on a Tuesday, I can???t quite hit upon the words to thank you all. The list of donors is incredible, and I want to hug each and everyone one of you??? I see co-workers, old friends, complete strangers??? a community. Thank you for supporting my passion.

I love you all, and am so excited to get started on the FUN part of this adventure. Which we will, of course, also be sharing with you! I have learned that there is nothing more satisfying than being known for what you love; thank you all for letting me do something I love that I could never have made happen otherwise.

I???ve started the arrangements for the great box pickup, which currently looks to be scheduled for the weekend of November 5th. We are going to either rent a small truck or head out convoy style??? and we???ll Periscope through that process when it happens! I???ll update with more details once times and locations are locked down, in case anyone in the area wants to come along.

--
Original update published on October 26, 2016

Last edited by a moderator:
Back