About the tractor capability

RZetlin

Spaceman
I understand that the auto tracking allows the guns to hit targets with a direct target sighting but what does the tractor capability do?

How is the tractor capability different from the a normal tractor beam?

Tractor capability allows you to mount a tractor beam on a rail that doesn't allow tractor mounting by default.

Tractor capability alows you to have T-beam on mount that usualy woud not alow you to have. Like Demons missile hard point that only holds one missile. Note that you still need to buy T-beam

I still don't understand. If I buy the Tractor capability where can I mount the tractor beam where I couldn't before. (Eg. Turrets?)

exactly. if you buy tractor beam cap for a gun mount, you can then mount a tbeam there, otherwise you couldn't have.

warlock said:
exactly. if you buy tractor beam cap for a gun mount, you can then mount a tbeam there, otherwise you couldn't have.

Where else can I use the tractor capability for?

For example, lets say I have a demon where it has two missle launchers and four mass drivers at the front. Can I mount the tractor capability on the missle launcher and place a tractor beam there?

RZetlin said:
For example, lets say I have a demon where it has two missle launchers and four mass drivers at the front. Can I mount the tractor capability on the missle launcher and place a tractor beam there?
Yes.

Okay I bought a Centurion and loaded it up with four guns and two missles.

I also bought the tractor capability for one of my guns. I bought a tractor beam and placed it on my gun. My gun got replaced by the tractor beam.

Is this how its suppose to work? I though its possible to use all four guns and the tractor beam at the same time.

RZetlin said:
Is this how its suppose to work? I though its possible to use all four guns and the tractor beam at the same time.
Nope, it's working like it should; the rail can either hold a gun or a tractor beam. If forces you to make a choice between loosing a missile/torpedo rail or one of your guns (or not having a tractor beam at all and being a lean, mena, killing machine).

Back