About the books...

LoneWolf

Spaceman
Are there supposed to be any books comming out soon? Not about the movies, but based on the games. Are there any plans for Bug-Based books? Any new Kilrathi War books? I'd love to know. Also, what is the name of the Bug race? I know it wasn't supposed to be known until the second installment of the game, but someone said on a message board that they were the Nephilim or something. Anyone know?

Nephilim is just Confeds codename for them, their real name is unknown. Sadly there is only one more WC book coming out (and its one of the movie novels so I gues you won't like it), and there will not be any more (at leas anytime soon).

------------------
Uh excuse me Mr.Cat, sir, but would you mind like ceasing fire for a little while so we can barbecue your god-ugly asses? Todd "Maniac" Marshall Wing Commander Pilgrim Stars

Darn!!! No... DAMN!!! I love the WC game books. I really hoped they were making new ones. DAMN DAMN DAMN!!!!!
Mabye I'll write one then....
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe we should take it upon ourselves to create WC Publishing, specializing in only Wing Commander novels. It would have to be sanctioned by Origin, of course and... Uh, what the hell! A guy can dream, can't he?
smile.gif

------------------
A gun rack? I don't own a gun, let alone many guns to neccessitate an entire rack.

Yeah, I can see it now... We're typing the last chapter in our new illegal WC literary work, when all of a sudden our shack in Montana is swarmed by agents of the FBI, CIA, and the OSI! <--(get it?)

------------------
A gun rack? I don't even own a gun, let alone many guns to neccessitate an entire rack.

You revealed our location! The jig is up! Everyone run!

------------------
A gun rack? I don't even own a gun, let alone many guns to neccessitate an entire rack.

<heaves a sigh of relief>
smile.gif

------------------

... Into the dark reccesses of the minds of Michiganites...

------------------

What? Is Michigan going to invade Indiana now? Hell, I should've kept my mouth shut.

------------------

I was thnking of buying the whole bunch on amazon, or even coaching them to find a copy of end run for me, but if you add up 8 books, ammounting to 40 bucks, plus 7 bucks plus about 6 bucks per book, that adds up to... erm... 95 dollars. And then I have to convert that to local currency, apply taxes... ouch!
frown.gif

------------------
"This matter winds itself ever in new riddles.", Faramir - The Lord of The Rings

Easy solution: Buy 'em separately over time!
smile.gif

------------------

$95? I got all of them, except End Run and Pilgrim Stars for about $80. Including the Confed Handbook which costs about $15-$20 by itself.

------------------
Uh excuse me Mr.Cat, sir, but would you mind like ceasing fire for a little while so we can barbecue your god-ugly asses? Todd "Maniac" Marshall Wing Commander Pilgrim Stars

Where'd you buy them?

The problem for me isn't the 80 or 95 bucks. My problem is the local currency conversion plus taxes. That would make the cost double up, to say the least...

And I can't even try at the local stores, because books stores here either are too small to care about pocket books, or too greedy, selling only best sellers...

frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

------------------
"This matter winds itself ever in new riddles.", Faramir - The Lord of The Rings

[This message has been edited by klaus (edited January 16, 2000).]

I got them at Amazon.com, about 4 months ago. Are the taxes realy so high for you? I had to pay about $6 for taxes, and about $6 for shiping.

------------------

The taxes for books ain't that high. But the value of our currency is almost 2 to 1 in relation to the american dollar. So if the final price is around US$80, to me it would be 160, or even more...

------------------

Okay, does that mean I can anger my neighbors to the north all I want?
smile.gif

------------------

Concerning the fans writing the books thing....Well, you're not the only ones who though thatht up!

We should make our own publishing company, get permission from OSI, and publish WC books. In fact, most of your good manga series were created by fan writers(Bio Booster Armor: Guyver, Pocket Monsters, DigiMon(yes, it was a Manga before it was a gigapet hybrid))

We could keep the whole thing going if WCP doesn't get a sequel game.

===================
Christopher "Cmdr_X" Blair
---------------------------

"Excuse me, but your web-spinning ass is in my way!!!"

Todd "Maniac" Marshall, Wing Commander: Prophcey(the fan book)

Back