A Second Wing Commander Movie?

Well, I liked the (first) Wing Commander movie. It didn't seem all that bad to me. Then again, there aren't many Wing Commander products that I don't like. :)

It wasnt all that bad... but it didnt FEEL Wing Commander-ish. It was more like some action-type thingy with crappy looking Kilrathis, familiar names... the plot wasnt all that good either.

What? You can complain about many things in the WC Movie but you sure as hell can't claim it didn't feel WC-ish. And the plot was quite nice too.

Though I'm sure we'd have all enjoyed it so much more if Prince Thrakhath turned out to be Blair's father.

;)

The movie plot was nice, but the complete one (as in the novel) was far better. Of course, the thing about Pilgrims and the like is one of our main reason to dislike it, but it did gave some kind of 'uniqueness' to WC.

But in my humble opinion, if the movie was a simple story about pilots of the Tiger's Claw fighting alien invaders, it wouldn't look so interesting.

WC actually began to look very good around WC3, when the story wasn't just about war, but more to the survival of the entire race...

I kindda like more the idea about a simple man, not an extraordinary gifted half-breed Pilgrim, being the Heart of the Tiger.

-RVN

To me it didnt feel WC-ish, it didnt give me the feeling... The Feeling ;)
And the fact that you take lots of people and stick them the names what appear in WC doesnt make it WC :)

Hmmmm... actually I have seen worse plots... yeah.

Hm, me thinks that that's exactly what they did with WC3. All of those nice CGI characters from previous games are replaced with actors that look completly different...

...you can't just stick the names that appear in WC and pretend that this game is WC.:)

In WC2, Maniac looked like he was on a permanent bender.

I don't see why people complain about how the Kilrathi looked... number one, CR had a limited budget, and two, you don't see the Kilrathi that much in the film anyway. You see them when... when Blair goes on the marine mission? I don't remember seeing them much before or after that, if at all. But then again, I haven't seen the movie in about a year. (shrug)

You see a lot of the cats at the end of the movie when that Dreadnought flies into Scylla, and at the begining when they attack Pegasus...

I never complained about the Kilrathi, because I like how they look. I think the movie doesn't do them justice, whenever I look at their picturse I just can't stop myself from admiring them.:)

Heh... why doesn't anyone gripe about how Melek looked in WC4? He looked horrible in that movie... er... game.

But why gripe about Melek? He is no longer the ugliest Kilrathi around. What happened to the Terran concept of... absolution?

Actually, I was pleased with the way Melek looked in WC4. He may have been a bit too... too... cute... but at least he had fur. That's much, much more than can be said about those Movie abominations.

Yeah, but Melek's eyes didn't even blink. It was like Blair was talking to a Disney character. And why did the movie Kilrathi have to be walking balls of hair anyway? A Kilrathi is a Kilrathi. No one complains that they didn't look so great in WC1/2 either.

Hey, the kitties in WC2 were a whole lot better than in WC1.

And I appreciate the fur too. I didn't notice WC4 Melek didn't blink, though. It was his purple hands that bothered me.

[Edited by Wedge009 on 12-04-2000 at 19:26]

No one complains that they didn't look so great in WC1/2 either.
Didn't look SO GREAT? You hairless... listen to this cold-blooded... everyday it gets more obvious! Saturnyne is the spy!

Errrr... that is to say, the WC 2 Kilrathi were the best Kilrathi ever.

I'm with Quarto on this one, if you look at a tiger, they don't have all that much fur anyways, WC2 kilrathi were by far the best

Who says the Kilrathi have to look like tigers? They are aliens, y'know. I still prefer the WC3 Kilrathi, then WC2. Pity the video wasn't so good back then.

Back