a quick story question about wing commander 1

Jdawg

Commodore
this has possibly been asked and answered before, but I couldnt find any information on the main wcnews page, so if this has been asked before I apologize. Im at the part of SM1 where the Goddard colony has been destroyed and Sam aka shotglass was talking about how he had a cousin named zack on the colony, is he referring to Zack Coloson aka jazz from wc2? I know there could be more than one guy named Zack but seemed like a big coincidence, that they both have ties to the same colony, but then again jazz passes off the info about the location of the tiger claw to the kilrathi which helps the cats destroy it. if jazz and shotglass are related than jazz helped kill shotglass. any info would be awesome, im prob just reading too much into it.

Well..If Zack had been on the colony he would have been killed right?
And Zack Colson, like everyone else, was busy fighting the war when the Sivar came. Surely Shotglass would have known that much right?

But since I'm not well-versed with the lore/novels I might be talking out of my b-hole so I'll stop talking now :p

Well..If Zack had been on the colony he would have been killed right?
And Zack Colson, like everyone else, was busy fighting the war when the Sivar came. Surely Shotglass would have known that much right?

But since I'm not well-versed with the lore/novels I might be talking out of my b-hole so I'll stop talking now :p

I would say the same thing but remember the tiger claw was running silent, spirit made such comment when talking about her fiance by saying she wouldnt know anything until they got back to confed space, so maybe shotglass didnt know where he was, I mean jazz's brother was on the colony.

Well no it is not the same Zack. Jazz was at the time posted at TCS Austin while Blair first meets him (along with Doomsday) on the Tiger's Claw in Secret Missions 2 and there is no claim from Shotglass that he is his cousin.

It seems that Zack was a popular name on the colony :)

Jazz's brother lived on Goddard; when the colony was destroyed, he held the belief that Tiger's Claw could've gotten there in time to save the colony and his brother. The reason why the Claw was delayed had to do with Blair attacking a Kilrathi troop transport in the system - so it wasn't just a vendetta against the Claw herself, it was a personal vendetta directed specifically at Blair. I'm pretty sure that's right. Adds to the general delusional nature of Jazz's character and all that.

Back