A New Enemy for Confed??

Perhaps a conquering race of machines would make a worthy opponent for Confed's attention. They would be more lethal than any enemy Confed has ever faced before, due to their lack of emotions such as fear, remorse or mercy, and their resistance to the usual disadvantages biological pilots would have, like fatigue and stress. Also, the loss of a mechanized pilot would be a minor one, as more could be quickly rebuilt on an automated assembly line.

YEAH! leave the wormhole open and start flinging everything you dont want into it, like lawyers, capship missiles antiquitated computers, faeces, nukes, unidentified stuff and finally, Lenin's body!:)

something like the Yuuzhan Vong

its this evil race in some later *cough* star wars novels, they have black hole shields and evil plasma weapons that tear through shields...

the black hole shields mean that you have smother a ship with gunfire, then fire more powerful shots, and chances are those shots will get through

oh yeah, kill the Nephilim! and the mantu!

Originally posted by BlueClaw
Perhaps a conquering race of machines would make a worthy opponent for Confed's attention.
And such a cliché opponent as well. Even more so than "bugs."
They would be more lethal than any enemy Confed has ever faced before, due to their lack of emotions such as fear, remorse or mercy, and their resistance to the usual disadvantages biological pilots would have, like fatigue and stress.
I don't think it's written anywhere in the rulebook of the universe that machines have no emotions by default. Besides, the Kilrathi and the Nephilim are both assholes, and have none of that emotional baggage themselves, nor do they tire easily enough to make a difference.
Also, the loss of a mechanized pilot would be a minor one, as more could be quickly rebuilt on an automated assembly line.
If you're building these things on assembly lines, to be mere drones, why not just build drone ships, and skip making them separate?
Originally posted by Darth Thrakhath
the black hole shields mean that you have smother a ship with gunfire, then fire more powerful shots, and chances are those shots will get through
That's what these black hole shields mean, eh? I'm afraid I couldn't possibly fathom why, but that's probably because I'm trying to come up with a reason that makes sense.
oh yeah, kill the Nephilim! and the mantu!
Yes, and the Mantu, because we have a reason for that!

Yeah, get rid of the Bugs first.

Then we can go looking for the Mantu, see if they're really as bad as the Kats say. ;)

Whatever new races Confed encounters, I hope they don't have bio-ships like the neph.(I don't like biological ships, don't ask why, I have no rational explanation for it)

Why the hell do you guys keep saying that every new race is a threat to humanity? Don't you think that an alliance, with say the Mantu, might open up all kinds of possibilities?

Originally posted by Penguin
Why the hell do you guys keep saying that every new race is a threat to humanity? Don't you think that an alliance, with say the Mantu, might open up all kinds of possibilities?

It certainly wouldn't open up the possibility of a new conflict... But hey, shooting things isn't really a necessary element in a space combat game. :rolleyes:

--Eder

Originally posted by Frosty

I don't think it's written anywhere in the rulebook of the universe that machines have no emotions by default.

I'm not saying there is such an edict in the rulebook of the universe. Nor am I following this rulebook, as I am the one who is creating the machine's qualities.

If you're building these things on assembly lines, to be mere drones, why not just build drone ships, and skip making them separate?

An entirely plausible option, I admit. Constructing drone ships instead of both drone pilots and ships could be more cost-effective.

Besides, the Kilrathi and the Nephilim are both assholes, and have none of that emotional baggage themselves, nor do they tire easily enough to make a difference.

On the matter of Kilrathi emotional baggage, do you remember the Wing Commander 2 mission where you encountered the Kilrathi ace Khasra Redclaw in his Jalkehi fighter? Among his taunts were 'You killed my brother!' (which I'm assuming is Bakhtosh Redclaw, although either way, some down the line you apparently killed a Kilrathi that was his brother) and 'I shall avenge my brother's death!'. Do you believe Khasra's reaction came out of emotion, or out of a need to avenge family honour? Your opinion, Frosty?

NEW ENEMY:

They come in 2 species, the Hemo (they are red tiny and with great sapience) and the Rroids (little constructor guys like the mopoks).
They live in the same planet, it have 2 continents: the first *Aji Puta Pario* and the second: *Chili*
They have one god-godess called *Hermaphroditius*.
Due to their simplicity all of their fighters are cylindrical, like cigarettes, their normal Carrier can hold 20 fighters, this carrier is commonly named *Box*.

More declassified info to come soon...

I can't give an explanantion bút the concept organic/biological ships doesn't appeal to me either. Though I got used to it now. And I think it has been said, that the Neph ships just have organic parts but are not entirely biological.

Originally posted by dacis2
Lynx

you hate bioships?
i cant imagine why either.

As said I have no rational explanation for that. In my mind a spaceship is something technical, but maybe time will tell what's better...

Originally posted by Ghost
NEW ENEMY:

They come in 2 species, the Hemo (they are red tiny and with great sapience) and the Rroids (little constructor guys like the mopoks).
They live in the same planet, it have 2 continents: the first *Aji Puta Pario* and the second: *Chili*
They have one god-godess called *Hermaphroditius*.
Due to their simplicity all of their fighters are cylindrical, like cigarettes, their normal Carrier can hold 20 fighters, this carrier is commonly named *Box*.

Yeah, and only weapon wich can harm them is gigantic super-soaker.
Not really cool advesary but they ships are more realistic than any
speudo-scifi ships in WC before.

My race would not be new race in common sense,
but it would be cross between old WC races: Humrath. The cross between human and kilrathi...
:D

Originally posted by BlueClaw
Do you believe Khasra's reaction came out of emotion, or out of a need to avenge family honour?
The Kilrathi are an emotionally repressed group of jerkoffs. I'd bet that he was merely following forms that had been ground into his skull by living around a bunch of other Kilrathi. I doubt he felt any pain or loss. Simply, he recognized that avenging the death was an appropriate duty.

The Kilrathi are an emotionally repressed group of jerkoffs.

An interesting take on their social structure. Well said, too.

Originally posted by Lynx
I don't like biological ships, don't ask why, I have no rational explanation for it.
All the more reason to blow them up, no? :)

But I agree on a few things:
1. Finish the Nephilim.
2. No unoriginal enemy designs.

Perhaps bring some previously established WC faction as an enemy? Mantu? Firekkans maybe? :eek: Alliances would be interesting too. Steltek?!

But I seriously doubt we'll even get that far. Stick to the Nephilim, I say.

I'd like to see biological ships -- not 'organic' like the Nephilim... but actual living ships. Like big space fish you fight...

Back