A few recent trends

Originally posted by Quarto
Eh, it's important to keep in mind that just because you don't like something, doesn't mean it's bad. For example, you may not like Celine Dion (I do - and I'm not ashamed to say it), but to say that she has no talent is just stupid.

Her ego exceeds her talent (which is far-reaching in sound, limited in scope), thus making her less talented. Go lissen to Bjork...Less of a bitch, does all kinds of music, including some Opera. :)

Originally posted by Quarto
...you may not like Celine Dion (I do - and I'm not ashamed to say it)...
I laugh at myself 'cause somehow I put her Olympics song and Smashing Pumpkins back to back on one of my tapes. :)

Originally posted by LeHah
Her ego exceeds her talent (which is far-reaching in sound, limited in scope), thus making her less talented. Go lissen to Bjork...Less of a bitch, does all kinds of music, including some Opera.
Ego does not have anything to do with talent.

Originally posted by mpanty
I'm not going to comment on what you said about Creed. I don't know them very well, but you don't seem to like them a lot (this is a hint to LOAF: <insert sarcastic comment on what I just said here> ;) ).

Well... I can hardly be expected to comment on anything musical... my tastes being what they are.

Originally posted by mpanty
To bring this back to a WC-related topic, does anyone know why they released a WC Prophecy music album? I mean, what was so special about it?

Yup... WC is big in Germany, techno music is big in Germany... so they released a techno WC album.

In case you're wondering, the tracklisting for the Prophecy record:

1. Prophecy - Cobalt 60 (Terminal mix)
2. Cloning Technology (Replica) - Fear Factory
3. Vampire Strikes Back, The - Die Krupps
4. Eifersucht - Rammstein
5. Billy Club - Junkie XI
6. Awakening, The - Das Ich
7. Stray Bullet - KMFDM
8. Mercy - Paradise Lost
9. Gravitation Zero - Project Pitchfork
10. Headhunter - Eskimos & Egypt
11. Theme (Of Progressive Attack), The - Brooklyn Bounce (Trip mix, Radio Edit)
12. Komit - Juno Reactor
13. Darwin Was Right - Cobalt 60

It didn't get me too excited, but then I've got half the tracks on it already...

In the UK, the Junkie Xl track was (I've got it), I know the Fear Factory, KMFDM and Paradise Lost tracks weren't...

I don't think many of the tracks are exclusive to the release, so it doesn't seem to have much going for it really:(

Personally, the only one I really enjoyed on the WC:p soundtrack was the one by Eskimos and Egypt.

I don't understand why they put "Eifersucht" by Rammstein on it. I'm a damn big fan of the group but this song has really no relation to the game. I mean, the song is about a man offering another man to destroy anything in what he is better than him, because he is jealous. (I'm one of those happy people who speak german :) ). Maybe if you don't know the lyrics it sounds related to the game...

Originally posted by Mav23
I'm sorry, but SOMEONE had to bring down the cold hard SLAP of reality :)

::Blows smoke like Sam Neil, knocks on dresser::

Reality...!

This obscure Sam Neil/In the Mouth of Madness quote is brought to you by LeHah, who's gotten 7 hours sleep in 72 hours. :D

Mav, yep, that's him.

Kilroy, from what I can recall, pretty much none of the tracks have got nothing to do with the game, it's a "music inspired by" cash in job, like you get with so many movies recently.

Back