A few more Standoff mod screenshots, and one last question for the developers

-danr-

Vice Admiral
Thanks for all your feedback regarding some of the changes I made to Standoff by throwing in some WC3 generation ships, I've made a couple more touches now:

Used a string editor to change the VDU data of the ship you are targeting, i.e. the Vaktoth now shows as a 'Vaktoth' rather than 'Gothri' (which it replaced) also, note the ship VDU icon now corresponds to the Vaktoth (this was simply a matter of extracting the correct icon from Prophecy and throwing it in.)

shot0018m.png

Same is now true for my personal favourite ship, the Thunderbolt, seen here from inside a Rapier:

shot0054.png

My question to the wonderful Standoff team: This ship is showing up light blue, like a capship, not dark blue like a fighter. I've played around the shipfiles, the mesh, the strings... can anyone point me in the right direction to change the target colour to dark blue?

A few more screens of modded Standoff...

The pirates get the Avenger instead of the Tarsus, guess there must be some Border-Worlders in this gang - that, or they're stolen ships of course :D

shot0065.png

The target icon is ripped from Unkown Enemy (thanks guys) but the Mesh for this ship I found on the CIC! Thanks to whoever converted it all those years ago.

Watching different generations of ships interact is interesting... Here is a 'bolt vs a Gratha.

shot0055.png

...and here at the rendevous before we went after the Snakeir....

shot0023k.png

So yeah... anybody that can help me with that last little problem I've got? Most appreciated. Any other feedback about my mod would be great, critical or not.

Cheers.

Dan.

It's a hack :). We wanted all corvette-type ships to show up with light-blue capship-style brackets. In WCP, this was hardcoded - basically, there were two slots in ship.iff that used capship-style, while everything else used normal brackets. We had many more corvettes, though, so a DLL hack was created.

In order to change which ships are corvettes, just edit corvette.cfg from stan_cfg.tre. You need to find out which slot the Thunderbolt uses, and remove that slot number from corvette.cfg.

Thanks Quarto, I found the CFG's you're referring to, curiously enough though, removing the slot numbers one by one doesn't seem to have made a difference...Thunderbolt brackets and radar dot, still light blue. I simply erased the numbers from the CFG using notepad, and brought everything else up a line each time I erased one.

If it's any help...the Thunderbolt shipfile replaces gladius.iff, the MAT file that corresponds to its VDU tile appears to over-write the one belonging to the Errant (which I believe shows up with light blue brackets, rightfully so...)

Think I've hit a wall here man :confused:

Hey Danr, here's why it doesn work: the dll patches that uses the files contained in STAN_CFG.TRE are not affected by the removal of the "no-folders" line in STAN_1.CFG. In other words, you need to either rebuild the TRE with your modded files OR extract all the files from STAN_CFG.TRE and remark it out of STAN_1.CFG. Because the TRE file always takes precedence.

Right on Pete, just needed to discard the stan_cfg line from stan_1.cfg and the game now reads from the modded file:

shot0073.png

...I think the Thunderbolt project is done... :D Now I just need to work out what you guys used to create the cockpit art.

Thanks again man.

Back