9b Plain Vanilla Launcher

Wendy

Spaceman
Is it just me, or does the launcher in 9b not run setup properly?

Whenever I run the launcher in 9b vanilla (as packaged for download) I can not open setup (game settings) to change my game configuration. I have to run setup independently. Could this have a bearing on some of the Linux user's configuration issues?

hellcatv said:
the launcher is really not meant for use at all.... it's deprecated.

Yeah, but, (there it goes, talkin' at me again)
I have a map in my computer from the artifact. All those points should already be in MY computer.

Shipgate said:
Once again I'm at a loss. What's a vanilla launcher?
Considering my previous post to this is in the wrong thread, a plain vanilla 9b is the load/version of the game that I'm running. I have a very unstable pre-release as well as the plain vanilla or stable 9b standard release everyone else has.

I think you assume too much, Wendy.

"Vanilla" is a tech nerd word akin to "unmodified". Thus, vanilla 009b means that Wendy is running the version of Privateer remake that we all can download from the website. If instead she goes hacking at the code and then runs it, she is no longer running a vanilla version.

This can be applied to other software (i.e. "Vanilla Windows XP" means XP without service packs and/or patches) or to hardware (i.e. "Vanilla GeForce 6800" means a 6800, not a 6800GT or a 6800 Ultra - faster, more expensive models).

Back