90's tv show

Erkle

Rear Admiral
Trying to remember a title of a tv series in the early 90's about a moon base. Anyone remember?

Jim

Too many possibilities, give more details.
But I don't think this is a 90s series. All that come to my mind would be older.

The closest thing I can think of, in that general timeframe, wasn't set on the moon, but was set in space, CBS's "Space Rangers", whose home base was, IIRC, on a moon. Didn't even last a full season, with only 6 episodes made, 4 of which aired in the US. Kinda bummed by that at the time, actually, as I thought it was pretty nifty, especially the asymetrical spacecraft designs that didn't look like they were just hopped-up airplanes. (This was in 1993, before WC Armada was released.)

There's a 2-disc DVD set with all 6 episodes, but it's only available as a Region 2 DVD.

Hm, I wouldn't say that all Sci-Fi at these time were crap. 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968), Forbidden Planet (1956) as popular movie examples, Asimov or Niven as popular example for science fiction autors at this time, had nice influential elements.

But this seems to me like a typical low budget series (maybe even some "Lexx"-similarities).

Malar said:
Hm, I wouldn't say that all Sci-Fi at these time were crap. 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968), Forbidden Planet (1956) as popular movie examples, Asimov or Niven as popular example for science fiction autors at this time, had nice influential elements.

But this seems to me like a typical low budget series (maybe even some "Lexx"-similarities).

Im talking about the humans-fly-in-sausers-and-eat little-pills-for-dinner-and-have-antennas-on-their-head type of 1960 sci-fi. :D

Yes, of course, I know what you are meaning.
Forbidden Planet had only nice "elements", because it was many times rewritten. But as relict of a bad Disney idea, there appear a flying saucer as space craft of the terran humans. Aside of this shame, the movie was at this time like "Metropolis" visionary, IMHO.

OK, it was about a moon colony of families stuggling to survive away from earth. I remember that there was an episode dealing about a birth of a child away from the normal gravity of earth and possible problems growing up, another episode about a solar flare and how everyone had to take shelter with several astronauts outside and away from base having to run around looking for a place to hide. I know that it did not last for very long.

Jim

I WAS gonna say "Space 1999", and maybe the 1999 tricked you into thinking it was in the '90s...

but I actually remember the show you're talking about. The reason all those people were on the Moon was because there was a nuclear accident in their town. I THINK it might have been named after the name of their town. Providence... or Plymouth or something like that.

EDIT: Oh shoot! I found it!
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0102681/

I thought of that weird TV Movie where Morgan Fairchild was on a low-budget spaceship and died.

Earth 2 was an interesting show, but could never decide what it wanted to be so it wandered around too much to keep an audience. The original concept of trying to survive on a hostile alien world with only limited resources was a good idea, but then they had that whole prison camp thing, numerous plot holes, etc...

SonOfStorm said:
Earth 2 was an interesting show, but could never decide what it wanted to be so it wandered around too much to keep an audience. The original concept of trying to survive on a hostile alien world with only limited resources was a good idea, but then they had that whole prison camp thing, numerous plot holes, etc...

The future of reality TV.

Back