300 is Amazing.

All you crazy people should have already left...

Because I said so.

If its anything like Sin City - Ill just fall asleep
It isn't, don't argue with me, go now.

Really? no words to describe it?
Few enough that saying them all doesn't change the above post. Why are you asking this instead of seeing the movie?

It's 3am here, might be a little difficult to see it now.
Excuses are for Theban sissies.

I got tickets to see it Sunday with my friends. They all had plans for last night, stupid bums!!

Wow frosty, you're really pumped up about the movie, huh. Also, I would of seen it last night, but is was 12:25 Hellhol-, I mean Taylorsville, Utah, and I can go out at night because of how old I am. Besides, I got a few Emo-bastards gunning for me now. Goddamn it.>_>
<_< *runs*

I'll wait until the price to buy the movie is cheaper that to go see it

seriously...ten buck to go SEE a movie? When you can buy the movie for the same price?

Besides...The book Atlantis Gate is probably much better... Even though it's about the same thing

Yeah! Theater prices! And what's the deal with airplane peanuts? They don't taste like airplanes!

I'll wait until the price to buy the movie is cheaper that to go see it

seriously...ten buck to go SEE a movie? When you can buy the movie for the same price?

Besides...The book Atlantis Gate is probably much better... Even though it's about the same thing
Yeah, 10 bucks and 20 bucks, no difference there! :rolleyes:

because layered leather armor, while useful is pretty visually uninteresting.

Also. Its a movie with giant rhinos in it.. its not *exactly* historical.

Yeah, 10 bucks and 20 bucks, no difference there! :rolleyes:

My key word was wait...

Hey I just saw spiderman 1 recently for the first time. :eek:

(I hope that gives a hint)

Anyway I don't doubt that is a good movie...but didn't Spartan's have bronze hoplite armor at that time?

hoplite armor wasn't bronze, otherwise it would have been useless because it would slow the wearer down and it would weigh about 110lbs for a simple breastplate, it was layers of leather with different qualities, it was designed to be impervious to arrows and spear thrusts. Ancient kevlar, so to speak.

Because they're men, goddammit.

I realize that this movie is going to go over big - but I've seen this stuff before and in better movies. I also have a strong dislike for the "everything is shot on greenscreen, to make it look more like art" crap - ala Sin City.

The movie wasn't really *bad* - but it will only be remembered until the "next big Men's Action Movie".

I realize that this movie is going to go over big - but I've seen this stuff before and in better movies. I also have a strong dislike for the "everything is shot on greenscreen, to make it look more like art" crap - ala Sin City.

The movie wasn't really *bad* - but it will only be remembered until the "next big Men's Action Movie".

You're a lot more forgiving than I am.

There are a lot of ways to tell the story of Thermopylae.

I'm surprised at how badly they screwed up the dramatic aspect of it.

Cinemetography was okay, but I mean c'mon...

Back