009a Campaign (bug?)

Floater

Spaceman
Hellcatv and others;

I was playing the campaign and decided to see if I could mess with the missions. I took a mission from a first fixer (ie. in the bar) and then took the "talk to Seelig" mission from Roman Lynch. When I launched the first fixer mission was no longer present. I did the Seelig mission and did not kill him. On the way back I took a patrol mission and when I pressed "O" to check mission status there were all three missions in order with none complete.

#1: is this expected?
#2: Do I have to shoot Seelig's ship to pieces (kill is such a nasty word...)? The mission description is pretty specific so I went back and spaced him.

Either way, these issues are not show stoppers...

I miss the Gladius and the Demon.... I've checked many bases so far but no luck... Hopefully they will be back for 1.0

Floater

I think you can get away without icing him :) even if the objectives claim otherwise...
try just visiting him.... then go back to lynch and see if you get a mission success--I'd say maybe :)

try it please...I would much appreciate it...
not sure the fixer missions work together--thought they did...what was the mission that you took from the fixer?

As for the ships... Privateers aren't allowed to buy military ships... in real life to be able to buy a military vessel you'd probably need some pretty high up connections...

And as for the demon...you can get a demon if you show your skills as a bounty hunter...I hear there's a blockade in palan that some mercs need to bust....

Hey,
I'd have him run 9b for those questions, Hellcatv. Said that the flavour he was running was 9a. Though I'll give that a shot on my easter-egg hunt as well.

I was confused. I am infact running 9b and not 9a...

I'll try the Lynch missions again. Sadly I have not been maintaining a set of save files, just one for the campaign so far. Fortunatlely the game is fun!.

Floater

Floater said:
I was confused. I am infact running 9b and not 9a...

I'll try the Lynch missions again. Sadly I have not been maintaining a set of save files, just one for the campaign so far. Fortunatlely the game is fun!.

Floater
@Floater
Thanks for the reminder! Those are next!

@HellcatV
I've run about 3 Dozen rescues and haven't gotten to take someone to a ship yet!
- - - Either you fixed it, or I broke it!

I changed the modules around to make it less possible to cause a capship to spawn...if you have the latest version, then likely you're seeing this... reduces the "clutter" I think

Seelig needs to be spaced

I took the Seelig mission from Roman Lynch and if return to New Constantinople without having shot Seelig down I get the "I have not delivered the message" message.

I did it twice (just to be sure) and the outcome was the same.

Floater

you are correct, it was necessary. It's been changed since, but the change obviously didn't make it into beta 009. Thanks for pointing it out.

Back