“Metroid Redemption”, original fan-made “Metroid” game.

Ace Rimmer

Spaceman
“Metroid Redemption” is an original fan-made Metroid game! It follows Samus' adventure as she explores SR817 for the evidence that will clear her name after the events of Metroid Fusion. An excellent homebrew title, the game will give Metroid fans their fix of classic 2D gameplay! The game was created by r1ck14, aka Richard Gonzalez, and requires a Windows PC. You'll need WinRAR to extract the archive.

Download Metroid Redemption

The only one that I've played through all the way was Metroid Prime. I found the gameplay pretty good but wanted more plot development, as I didn't enjoy getting what plot there was by standing still and scanning every object in the game. I got stuck on Prime 2 about a year ago and haven't gone back, so I can't say if these things were improved or not. I started Fusion as well and just ended up losing interest... maybe I should try to find it and give it another shot.

That doesn't even make sense... how can a side scroller platform shooter be better or worse than a Space Shoot'em up?

They're all awesome, anyway.

A different genre of game can easily induce an equal, greater, or lesser level of enjoyment than another.

I loved the original Metroid back in the day. A few months ago I found myself with a free weekend and made a go at Super Metroid on the pirated game system I mentioned in the Zelda thread. I did pretty good for a while, took out Kraid, found lots of goodies, and then hit a brick wall. After an hour or two of running around trying to figure out where I was supposed to go next with my cool X-ray goggles, I finally had to give up to save my sanity.

Does anyone remember what to do in this game??? I've got a hunch I need to get through the deep pool of lava, but she can't last all that long in there even with the enhanced armor, and the ice beam doesn't work.

I loved the original Metroid back in the day. A few months ago I found myself with a free weekend and made a go at Super Metroid on the pirated game system I mentioned in the Zelda thread. I did pretty good for a while, took out Kraid, found lots of goodies, and then hit a brick wall. After an hour or two of running around trying to figure out where I was supposed to go next with my cool X-ray goggles, I finally had to give up to save my sanity.

Does anyone remember what to do in this game??? I've got a hunch I need to get through the deep pool of lava, but she can't last all that long in there even with the enhanced armor, and the ice beam doesn't work.

I've never played that game but it sounds like you might want to find more energy tanks earlier on.

Back